PDA

View Full Version : Quick ? for plant geeks

Lady Hobbs
12-17-2007, 09:01 PM
My 20 gallon is a low light tank. Only 28 watt on the tank. I have been using ferts but wondering if it's necessary. No CO2 is used.

I have moss, crypts, wisteria and marsilea only. Everything looks fine but I was wondering if I was shooting myself in the foot with the ferts?

I add Leaf Zone once per week.

smaug
12-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Id say you are doing everything just fine.All plants need ferts.Leaf zone is a good fert.

Dave66
12-17-2007, 09:05 PM
My 20 gallon is a low light tank. Only 28 watt on the tank. I have been using ferts but wondering if it's necessary. No CO2 is used.

I have moss, crypts, wisteria and marsilea only. Everything looks fine but I was wondering if I was shooting myself in the foot with the ferts?

I add Leaf Zone once per week.

If it t'ain't broke, don't fix it, Hobbsy. If everything is growing fine, no reason to do any more than you're doing.
I've been using half-doses of Florish daily forever. Everything living is living well, so no reason to change it.

Dave

Lady Hobbs
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Thank you plant geeks. :)

Smaug, I've also read Leaf Zone is good and it certainly is easy enough to use.

Fishalicious
12-17-2007, 09:08 PM
I think you could easily do it without ferts... in 4 of my tanks I never add ferts and sometimes the plants do even better than the ones in the tanks with ferts ... especially since moving valis into a low light tank with no ferts it has really taken off..

Give it a go for 2 weeks I am sure they will grow fine without..

Incredulous_Ed
12-17-2007, 11:17 PM
If there is excessive algae, I would stop adding ferts, but if everything is going along well, just keep doing what your doing.

Lady Hobbs
12-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Algae=O.

Loving it!