PDA

View Full Version : ?Hemianthus callitrichoides

Dixie
12-17-2007, 03:46 AM
I ordered some plants off of Aquabid. One was the HC. It came in a tiny plastic basket type pot. I ask the seller how to go about planting it and was told to take it out of the pot, remove the white wooly stuff because the fish might try to eat it and it may be harmful to them, then plant it in the gravel. I took it out of the pot and tried to get the wooly stuff off but the teeny tiny stems of this stuff is so fine and delicate that I didn't see any way possible to do this without damaging them so I just left the wooly stuff in place and planted it in the gravel then put some bigger pebbles around it in case the fish would try to get under the gravel to get at the wooly stuff. Is this ok to do and does this plant spread (I hope)? If so will the wooly stuff and the larger pebbles keep it from spreading? I'm not using cO2 and only the light that came with the 55gal.aquarium. Is that ok too or will it need more light and cO2?
Thanks

Fishalicious
12-17-2007, 09:13 AM
You really should try to remove the stone wool.... for the plant itself also..
This is how I plant it...
I break the bunch into tiny little portions and plant them 2-3 cm from each other with a pincet (stems are really short)

If your light is not enough it will grow up the way if you have enough light it will spread like a carpet.. if you plant it in the way above it will carpet a lot lot quicker as the little bunches grow towards each other..

This is one of my fave plants - enjoy your carpet soon :19:

Dixie
12-22-2007, 04:37 PM
sorry I didn't reply to this soon. I thought I did. Did read it. Must have got called away from the computer. Thanks for the advice.