PDA

View Full Version : Worm looking thing hanging from behind pelvic fin/ventrals

beauprieto
12-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Ok, I finally figured out how to get an attachment to work. The yellowish worm looking thing grew even longer, reaching the length of his fin. He must have brushed by a leaf as it is now hanging from the leaf. It is motionless and does not appear to be a life form of its own. However, the betta is now growing another one!!! This thing grows at a very rapid rate. I cannot tell if he has a hole in his underside that it is coming out of or if it is just attached to the skin. He is also acting completely normal now, eating and swimming regularly. I hope this helps a little more.

I have a beautiful betta that has has an extremely long pelvic fin and immediately behind it there seems to be a yellowish something hanging straight down. When he swims in a forward motion, it is not visible because the pelvic fin tends to be pushed back covering it up. When he is idle is when it is visible. Also, recently he sometimes does not seem to excited to eat as he did before and he once even spit five fish pebbles out. Is that thing hanging from his body normal? I tried to see if it had anything to do with wanting to spawn but I can not find anything on the symptom. He does blow a lot of bubbles and lives alone. Please Help.....

gm72
12-15-2007, 08:58 PM
First of all, welcome aboard!

It sounds like an internal parasite, but difficult to accurately diagnose without a picture.

cocoa_pleco
12-15-2007, 09:00 PM
tank size/parameters/filtration/heater?

Hubris
12-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Sometimes when a betta's fins are growing there's a yellow ish semi transparent bit of something, it usually goes away when it grows or just falls off.

A picture would be helpful

Nick_Pavlovski
12-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Does it move at all?

Lady Hobbs
12-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Could be he's over-eating. I think parasites are generally white. Yours sounds more constipated and some peas might do the trick and less feeding.

nanaglen2001
12-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Does it look like this???

beauprieto
12-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Ok, I finally figured out how to get an attachment to work. The yellowish worm looking thing grew even longer, reaching the length of his fin. He must have brushed by a leaf as it is now hanging from the leaf. It is motionless and does not appear to be a life form of its own. However, the betta is now growing another one!!! This thing grows at a very rapid rate. I cannot tell if he has a hole in his underside that it is coming out of or if it is just attached to the skin. He is also acting completely normal now, eating and swimming regularly. I hope this helps a little more.

First of all, welcome aboard!

It sounds like an internal parasite, but difficult to accurately diagnose without a picture.

beauprieto
12-17-2007, 12:46 AM
No, not quite like that. I have a attached a picture for you to see.

beauprieto
12-17-2007, 12:48 AM

beauprieto
12-17-2007, 01:51 AM
No, it does not move other than the flow of the water when the fish swims. But it does not appear to have its own life in regards to moving about. I also updated my blog with pictures and additional information if you have time to check it out. Thank you

beauprieto
12-17-2007, 01:52 AM
Actually, I just posted some pictures of it on my blog and updated some additional information. Please let me know if you have any suggestions as to what it might be.

thank you,