PDA

View Full Version : Sea-Monkeys

AABatteries
12-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Sea-monkeys a shrimp hybrid. I purchased a kit a few weeks ago, and my sea-monkeys are doing great. Here is a link to the website...sea-monkeys.com

cocoa_pleco
12-15-2007, 06:55 PM
you dont need the actual sea monkey brand kit, you can just get the cheap store kits, theyre just brine shrimp

AABatteries
12-15-2007, 07:02 PM
They are not brine shrimp they are a hybrid shrimp. Read this...http://sea-monkeys.com/html/aboutsm/whatarethey.html

shockshockshad
12-15-2007, 07:29 PM
They ARE brine shrimp. They are a hybrid OF brine shrimp. But they are still brine shrimp. Just they live longer and are bigger.

gm72
12-15-2007, 08:39 PM
They are not brine shrimp they are a hybrid shrimp. Read this...http://sea-monkeys.com/html/aboutsm/whatarethey.html

Yes, they are brine shrimp. Cut and paste from the link you provided, which you clearly didn't read too well. Color added for emphasis.

Are they Brine Shrimp?
Sea-Monkeys® are a unique species of brine shrimp, known by the scientific name of Artemia NYOS. We not only unlocked the most elusive secrets of their life cycle, we created new formulas to keep them alive under conditions found in the average home—an accomplishment never before achieved! Finally, after years of crossbreeding, we developed a hybrid. These amazing new hybrids grow larger and live longer than any "natural" variety of brine shrimp. Resulting from the most exquisitely sophisticated “aquaculture technology”, by true pioneers in this science, only the utmost resources of a leading marine biological research center working for a span of many years has made this project a complete success.

cocoa_pleco
12-15-2007, 08:41 PM
yep, theyre technically brine shrimp but are just modified

AABatteries
12-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Fine whatever but, they are a hybrid not a pure brine shrimp.

Futureboy
12-16-2007, 01:37 AM
whats the point of this thread?

everybody knows about sea monkeys

AABatteries
12-16-2007, 02:00 PM
whats the point of this thread?

everybody knows about sea monkeys

Well they are invertebrates so I thought I'd start a thread on them.

kkevvy
12-23-2007, 03:59 AM
I used to go the beach and catch crabs and such with my friends. And sea monkeys. There was a lot of them. They got big. and tasty. Nothing like fresh sea monkeys to wake you up. mm.