PDA

View Full Version : brine shrimp accident.....good thing......lol.

squirt_12
12-14-2007, 03:36 AM
ok...so about 2 weeks ago i hatched some Brine Shrimp. I had WAY more than enough so i took some and filled a jar with water and added some aquarium salt and put the BBS into the jar. THen i took some fish food (flakes) and used my fingers to break it up into smaller pieces. I threw a little bit of the crushed flake food. I set the jar under one of my tanks (on a shelf) and forgot about it. I went looking today and i found the jar and there are still alot of brine shrimp in it and some of the brine shrimp are almost fully grown. It was funny to see them swimming around in the jar. So i am going to see how long i can keep them alive for.

Ok...so if the jar was full and then some evaporated. Should i just use RO water and yop it up??? or should i add some salt to the water when i add it?? but i am pretty sure that only the water evaporates right???

thanks for listening to my rambling. lol.

Incredulous_Ed
12-14-2007, 05:35 AM
I would justt add RO, but then again, I have never kept brine shrimp.

squirt_12
12-14-2007, 08:30 PM
lol.....and well i don't have a hydrometer (sp?) so i can't get the salinity either.....o well...i must be doing something right. lol.

snipers_den
12-30-2007, 04:08 PM
well looks like you have some new pet sea monkies...keep feeding them and they'll breed