PDA

View Full Version : More cleaning and more feeding?

Hailey
12-14-2007, 01:36 AM
So I was told to feed my betta twice a day, about 3 pellets. But that doesn't really fit into my shcedule. I feed him once about 4-5 pellets. Is it enough? It seems like hes really hungary and wants more, but I dont know.

Also, I noticed when I did a water change today I did about 30-40 %, but it looks like the gravel is giving off a lot of dirt when the water is stirred up. Could I do a 50 % change tomorrow? I am deff gonna try to do water changes like everyday or second day when I can now. I know I should have before but it just seems like I have no time anymore to do anyhting.

MeganL3985
12-14-2007, 01:39 AM
Is it a filtered tank? If its not filtered, I did about 50% every 2-3 days.
Also 4-5 pellets a day is fine. Betta's do not have an off switch and can literally eat themselves to death if you allow them to consume more. They're always acting hungry. I think they act just like my dogs. haha

Hailey
12-14-2007, 01:50 AM
alright I thought so! lol. and no its not filtered, Thanks!

SkarloeysMom
12-14-2007, 02:52 AM
If you don't already have one you'll need to get a gravel vacuum to clean the gravel while your draining out the water you intend to change. That's the best way to get all that mulm out of the gravel. If you don't vacuum your water quality will suffer.

Hailey
12-14-2007, 04:01 AM
I have a gravel vac, i think it just too big

Hailey
12-14-2007, 04:01 AM
but I probably will get a smaller one someday