PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Fan Club

OscarFan
12-12-2007, 03:28 AM
As most of you can tell I like OScars. Post your Opinions, Stories,and cool facts about them here. Negative opinions are fine to.

Ocellatus
12-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Oscars rule!
i like my pair more than every other existing fish. http://qsmile.com/qsimages/283.gif
i'm gonna get them a big enough tank soon. you can read my stories in some threads like "my current big oscar" and "my oscars fry"

now my only baby oscar is 46 days old and a bit more than 1 inch long. he jumps out of the water twice his body long to get food! http://qsmile.com/qsimages/300.gif

TowBoater
12-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Oscars are very cool. I have a 5" one right now and he is so sociable it ain't even funny. He jumps out of the water to take food from my hand and will dance for me. If you have the room I HIGHLY recommend one.

cocoa_pleco
12-12-2007, 03:21 PM
theyre really cool. I bought mine as a tiny abandoned baby and so far hes about 8". He gets along fine with the convict and pacu

Incredulous_Ed
12-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I'd keep an oscar if I had the room.

OscarFan
12-13-2007, 04:01 AM
Mine jumps out of the water and will play stair eyes hes cool.

cocoa_pleco
12-13-2007, 04:02 AM
mine likes to race me. What i do is i dash from left to right of his tank and he follows and tries to keep up

robare
12-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I've liked Oscars since I was little (8?) when my brother-in-law had a single Oscar and I would sit and watch him for hours. When I was going to college I had a tank with two, one red and one tiger and a Jack Demsey. They were really great. They would get so excited when I walked in the room when they saw me. One of them would jump out of the water 3"-4" to take food from my hands. After college I was on the move and had to give them up.

For the past 4 years I had a real nice set up of african chilids. Had babies and everything. Pretty cool. But then something happend that killed them all off suddenly. I had been treating them for a ick breakout. I decided to redo my tank and replace much of the inside decor. I stocked the tank with one tiger oscar, 2 jacks, 2 green terrors, 2 fan-fin cats and pleco. (one of the cats and pleco survived from my african tank). My plans were over stock at first and see what happens as they get bigger. I'm thinking at least 2 of either jacsk or terrors will eventually have to go, but as of right now it's all fine. (about 100 gal tank)

I think my oscar now is pretty shy mostly. He's the boss in the tank, but hides from me somewhat. Probably need to get some treats for it so he'll start warming up to me more. He doesn't like to get his picture taken, seems to get annoyed.

The only other fish I've ever seen with any personality even close to an oscar's was a giant catfish (red fin?).