PDA

View Full Version : Subwassertang questions !!

teedog
03-10-2020, 02:27 AM
I just recently bough a small piece of this plant which came attached to a wire mesh or grill type thing.

Now if I was to remove it from the mesh it looks like it would break up and float all over my tank.

I simply placed it on the substrate mesh and all and am hoping it will grow out fairly fast as it is green but fragile looking.

Is this the correct way to do this I`ve searced high and low for answers.

I figured when it looked stronger I may remove the mesh which I am assuming is fish safe......though is green in color but am assuming stainless steel.

At any rate after 4 days no adverse effects on my fish.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

SueD
03-10-2020, 02:23 PM
I've had this plant in the past in a Spec V and it grew very, very fast for me. I think it's beautiful but it can be very messy as its just mostly smaller pieces that can float around. But I had a ball of it that I placed on the tank bottom and it mostly stayed put as it grew. Since it grew so fast for me I was able sell clumps of it numerous times to my LFS along with some christmas moss I had at the time. I finally removed both of these 2 mosses as I reworked the tank.

Now that you've mentioned it here, I may reconsider trying it again as I really liked the look of it when contained.