PDA

View Full Version : Exchange?

Incredulous_Ed
12-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Well, I have been treating my rams for internal parasites. They came from the store in that condition, but they seem to be improving. I have 4 males, and only two have very nice coloring. I want to exchange the other 2 for 2 females. Is it immoral to exchange the two that have internal parasites (even though they came that way) for two fmales?

cocoa_pleco
12-11-2007, 11:23 PM
its a controversial topic, but to me it is. I can guarantee that you would treat the fish better for the disease than the store would, unless its a caring store. By giving them back you may be condeming them to their deaths

Incredulous_Ed
12-11-2007, 11:25 PM
But if the one's I bought had parasites, the whole tank was most likely infected.

Man, next time I'm going with apistos.

Lady Hobbs
12-11-2007, 11:37 PM
If you'd rather have the apistos, why not take all the rams back and trade in?

Incredulous_Ed
12-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Can't find apistos 'round these parts, unless you can get some one to drive you to a store 45 minutes away, or you order online.

I'm thinking maybe The LFS can order them for me.

NickFish
12-12-2007, 01:15 AM
I do think it is unethical to give the rams back in that condition. Not only that but the store may get mad at you if they find out you gave them infected fish (even if they did come that way). Maybe just wait a little and try and get them better before you return them.
it is your choice after all.