PDA

View Full Version : Hiya folks, just popping in to say hello!

Guppycal58
09-17-2019, 01:08 PM
Hi there, I've been looking for a place to learn more about the hobby I've been enjoying for 50+ years. Still learning, still making stupid mistakes, still having expensively bad buying spasms but what I have learned over the years has, I hope, given my fish better lives since my first goldfish bowl and one-eyed bargain goldfish. Living in Merseyside, and my Dad working at the PierHead, Patch, my beloved fish was given a burial at sea....(flushed down the loo)....8 years later.
That traumatic loss encouraged me to venture into a pet shop for the first time and start my quest for the perfect fishy home. I came home with a plastic 14 inch by 8 inch tank, 4 tiny Guppies and a spiffy pink lid that had a bare bulb fitted......yes, I shocked myself but the plants and algae loved it!
I now have returned mainly to keeping Guppies and assorted supporting tankmates. Nothing exotic, Cherry and Amano shrimps, Corys and any tiny fish I think will live peacefully along with flashy finned Guppys and their broods. Two large tanks, a 4ft and a 3 ft and 4 nano tanks are about my limit these days. But I still dream of a 5ft by 2ft by 2ft for my growing hoards.......one day I hope.
Anyhoooo, that's my fish history. I look forward to learning about all your fish histories in the future,
Best wishes,
Guppycal58 ;-)

William
09-17-2019, 01:08 PM
Hi and welcome to AC. We are happy to have you here!

RiversGirl
09-17-2019, 01:55 PM
Welcome to the AC! I'd enjoy following a journal of your tanks, if you were inclined to start one up.

gadget228
09-18-2019, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the AC... :22:

Slaphppy7
09-18-2019, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the forum.

SueD
09-18-2019, 01:30 PM
Welcome to this forum. Sounds like you'll have a lot of information, do's and don'ts, to share with others from your long time in the hobby.

Boundava
09-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Welcome! You have a nice assortment of tanks at the moment. I agree that starting a journal on one or more of them would be nice and photos are great too-we all love photos here!

mac
09-23-2019, 08:44 AM
Welcome to AC

mermaidwannabe
09-24-2019, 06:26 PM
Welcome aboard! Something "fishy" about your post, LOL! Please do post pictures when you have them. Fancy guppies can be quite colorful. They also breed like rabbits. You should have plenty. -- mermaidwannabe :ariel: