PDA

View Full Version : Children in pet shops.

MagickFish
08-11-2006, 07:36 AM
I get so angry at parents that let children run around in pet shops as they wish, they have no regards for the animals, always scream when they talk, somthing that bothers both other customers and the animals. Some kids do well around animals, but some pull their tails, poke at their eyes, hammer on the glass og fish and terrarium tanks, and run around like little whirlwinds of destruction. And it is not right, if parents are to let kinds near animals, or other pepole for that matter, they should teatch the little devils to behave, especialy around animals becouse I can walk away from the noise little bugger, an animal in a cage can not.

shawn
08-11-2006, 11:56 AM
I get so angry at parents that let children run around in pet shops as they wish, they have no regards for the animals, always scream when they talk, somthing that bothers both other customers and the animals. Some kids do well around animals, but some pull their tails, poke at their eyes, hammer on the glass og fish and terrarium tanks, and run around like little whirlwinds of destruction. And it is not right, if parents are to let kinds near animals, or other pepole for that matter, they should teatch the little devils to behave, especialy around animals becouse I can walk away from the noise little bugger, an animal in a cage can not.I know I agree.At my local fish store I try to buy a couple of fish and I can't because THEY ARE SO ANNOYING!!!At my local fish store they let you chose which one you want in the tank,its hard to when you got kids wondering around tapping on the glass.I have to check for ick or some other illness sometimes I can't cause of these little monsters!!Alex.c

lol had to change a word :wink: Demonshark

DemonShark
08-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Well I do agree that the kids need to calm down but they are kids and if they do bug you and are near you tapping on glass or screaming around like little banshees tell them to please be quite lol just dont say shut up and tell em the animals inside the cage or tank dont like having there ears hurt from the tapping

MagickFish
08-11-2006, 12:29 PM
The problem is that often if you tell the child to stop, the parent come yelling at you for it is not your job to parent their children. Wel no, it is not, it is their job, but they are not doing it.

DemonShark
08-11-2006, 01:31 PM
lol well if the parent dont look mean and scary tell em that

kimmers318
08-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Try not to always blame the parents either guys....society has created these little monsters by telling our children that being disciplined is abuse. Some parents, like myself are NOT afraid to discipline in public, nor do I get upset if someone says something to my children if need be....but society has made a lot of people actually afraid to say or do anything for fear of social services. One mother I know had her teenage daughter removed from her home, and this girl was neither abused or a bad kid....I should know, she babysat for me for years, but she went thru a phase like most teens do experimenting with marijuana....when mom found it and confronted her the girl was very beligerent and told her mother to "f--k off b---h" among other things. Mom slapped her mouth for the language....which although may not be the best form of discipline, those of you that have raised children know that sometimes you NEED to be a little harsher, and social services came and removed the girl. When the teen thought about all that had happened, she realized herself that speaking to her mom that way was the ultimate in disrespect, and she felt that her mom was justified in taking a hard road with her, and was very upset about all of it. The family had to go thru quite a bit to get back together, and that is the ONLY time I have heard that mom ever laid a hand on her. My daughter was 8 at the time and was very upset that her "mantha" as she called her had done this, and spoke to her mom that way, and never felt that her "auntie Cheryl" was too mean to her daughter.
So, anyway, sorry I am so longwinded, but people must also understand that we as parents sometimes feel that our hands are tied. If we don't discipline we have heathens, if we do discipline, we are abusive. Granted, not all discipline needs to be physical (IE spankings) but in a lot of situations time out, redirecting (a new way to discipline), or talking to children doesn't change their behavior. If you were a bratty kid and all you ever got for misbehavior was talked to, or redirected into another activity would that make you think twice about misbehaving again? Probably not, because basically there weren't any consequences to your actions, you just listen to a lecture (which you tune out by the way) or get offered another funner activity to occupy yourself!

William
08-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Try to visit the stores during school / office hours. Often a lot less kids and people in the store then allowing you to shop without being disturbed.

DemonShark
08-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Lol i use to get spakens lol!

kimmers318
08-12-2006, 02:44 AM
And you probably turned out better for it Demonshark! :) I won't hesitate to spank my children, even in public if the behavior calls for it, and by the time they are around 4 they start to decide for themselves that "the look" means I better behave or will find my bottom warmed, and are also willing to talk and listen better. I get complimented all of the time on my childrens' GOOD behavior, and we have spent hours day after day for weeks at a time in the hospital with my father.....hours waiting while he received chemotherapy, waiting at doctor's offices for his appts etc. Plus, we are very involved locally with our veterans and do alot of volunteer work with and for their organizations, all of which my daughters assist with. There is a time to run, shriek, and be crazy (that is why we have a trampoline, pool, swingset, and camper!) and there is a time to act like young ladies.

MagickFish
08-12-2006, 09:59 AM
I was never aloved to run around, my mother never laid a hand on me, but when little, if I misbehaved in a store she lifted me up, and rather embarising carried me screaming from the store. But yes, some children just are to mutch to handle, and the parents just can not control them, however when I see a couple that clearly can not handle the two kids they already got and run around whit a littleone in a carriage then I wonder what they were thinking. However the problem is not realy those whit problems. I have aspergers syndrome, and while I was never mutch of a problem I know of other pepole that that autisem spectrum disorders, espeicaly adhd that was simply completly uncontrolable. And even when completly normal, some children go through phases. the problem is for example yesterday, when me and my fiance visited a store to get some hair color, and there was a little girl there, perhaps 3 years old, chewing on the mercendice, alone by herself. So we asked a gang of women talking, are any of you the mother of the little girl trying to eat shampoo over there. And one women went to look, and just left the girl there, as the mother had gone to the bathroom, leving a toddler by herself in a store.

And this is an even grater problem for petshops, and toyshops, but in toyshops nothing but material things get hurt, in petshops there are living beings. Some parents leve their children at such shops beliving the children entertained for a while so they can go of by themself. Often the children are not supervised at all, or the parents are to buisy chatting whit their frinds to even bother when the children disbehave.

My fiance once sat at his parents home and he happend to glace out the window and there sat a toddler scraping up an expensive drinking glass on the pavement. The child had gone into their home and found the glass and was playing whit it. My fiance rush out, afride the child would hurt himself. He takes the glass from him, and looks around, finaly he sees a bunch of chatting women further up the street and takes the little boy there, to find his mother. My fiance told the woman what had happend, and all she said was oh, she did not apologise, or offer to pay for the ruind glass or anything. My fiance went back to the house, but shortly after the child was there again.

I think the problem is not problem kids, the problem is the attitude among many parents that everyone should willingly acept any noise, damage or hurt their little brats cause becouse they are only children. Many parents do their best, but many belive they can spend just as mutch time whit their frinds, do the same things, live the same life as before one have kids. And that is just not so. When one is chatting whit ones frinds and the child misbehaves, it is the job of the parent to go and stop the child from misbhaving. Not just call out a halfharthed. Tracy, dont do that, and continue chatting.

DemonShark
08-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Children are a responsiblity.........

MagickFish
08-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Yes they are. But many pepole sadly have them before they are mature enough, or never relise it is a reposibility.

DemonShark
08-13-2006, 01:12 PM
true

Full3R
08-13-2006, 03:19 PM
i can honestly say i never once was cruel like that to an animal at the shop or anywhere else ive always loved them

jman
08-13-2006, 04:10 PM
man a good ol fasion woopen is what i got and seems to me like what these kids itching for.. got a little sis dares not to touch or tap because between ma dad and i we will tap her just dont let it bother you because that makes things worse respect is the key here those parents look forward to the negative jump good lick..