PDA

View Full Version : Is this algae?

Nautilus291
02-08-2019, 12:33 AM
This stuff keeps forming on my plants. I take it that it's algae, but I wanted to see what you guys think. It is really easy to remove, I can use a turkey baster to blow it off.

Nautilus291
02-11-2019, 01:52 AM
I decided that I feel that this gunk is plant matter build up. I added floating plants awhile back and they are not doing well. I figured floating plants would be easy to keep, but I think my flow is too high up at the top of the tank. I had a good majority of the tank covered with them and now there's hardly any left, so I'm guessing it's just broken down leaves from them.

Those pictures were taken 8 days after I had last cleaned it. It's been like that for the last couple of weeks, but I think it's finally slowing down, and since I don't have many floating plants left I think it will stop happening.

Law Dog
03-16-2019, 11:54 AM
It almost looked like BBA at first glance, but after a second look it appears different. It could've been from all of the decaying plant matter as I've had something similar in the past when I first switched to live plants.

I have BBA on my plants now but after cleaning both filters 2 weeks apart and injecting co2 it has come to a stop with it's progression. Now to wait for my Oto's to arrive at my LFS to clean everything up!

angelcraze2
06-12-2019, 02:26 PM
I noticed dislodged water lettuce roots will get caught in my plants below, but I can tell they are water lettuce roots. At least it is easy to remove.