PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new server

William
12-30-2018, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the new server.

I am still working on some bugs but you can start posting again.

Slaphppy7
12-30-2018, 10:53 PM
I got an error message and an "account suspended" page in the last half hour.

William
12-30-2018, 11:00 PM
If you see the "account suspended" error then you have ended on the old server by mistake.
You might also suffer from a "can not connect error" if your traffic is routed to the old server (I am closing that down).
These problems can occur intermittently for up to 48 hours. Most people should not experience these problems.

mac
12-31-2018, 12:42 AM
I am able to log back in. Yay!

RiversGirl
12-31-2018, 01:44 AM
Thank you for the new server William.

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 04:14 PM
The AC is still acting buggy for me, when I click on "New Posts", it indicates there are none, but when I click on the link for posts within the last 24 hours, there are alot of new ones.

Also, on the home page, it shows I am not signed in, though I can read and comment on new posts, send PM's, etc

Also, just got this error message, which I've never seen before:

"Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window."

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 04:31 PM
Also, cannot view Notifications, because I am "not signed in"

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 05:41 PM
Thumbs aren't working on other member's posts, some of my posts are not showing up.

William
12-31-2018, 07:19 PM
Thumbs are working, so is notifications. I think most of the problems you are experiencing are caused by the migration itself. You are sometimes being sent to the old server. I think it will solve itself in 24 hours or so. Let us wait a little. If you still have a problem, I will investigate deeper.

One problem that I have seen is that you sometimes have to reload to see all posts. It loads a cached version of the page if you simply visit it again. I aware of this and working to resolve.

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 07:22 PM
OK, thanks William.

It is still very buggy (for me), hopefully time will resolve the issues.

William
12-31-2018, 07:30 PM
Hopefully. Because the only bug I am experincing is the cache issue.
I have not made any changes to the code of the site and it is still using the same software behind the scenes. I have basically just copied it over to another hard drive.
Clearing the cache might help resolve things quicker. https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 07:32 PM
I'll try doing that now.

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 07:47 PM
Cleared my cache, most bugs are worked out now...but still, even after I log on, the AC forum homepage shows that I am not actually logged in....everything else is looking good now, though

I just used this to clear the cache: https://www.ccleaner.com/

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 07:54 PM
...but still, even after I log on, the AC forum homepage shows that I am not actually logged in....

Now, it is fixed, everything looks good

William
12-31-2018, 08:02 PM
Great to hear

William
12-31-2018, 08:26 PM
I think the cache issue has been resolved as well.

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 09:15 PM
Everything is working fine on my end, thanks William

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 10:00 PM
One small glitch...I had 10 Notifications (thumbs) indicated, clicked on the Notifications tab, and viewed them...usually, this will clear all of the "new" notifications, and the tab will not have any indicated...now, it always shows 1 new notification, but when I click the tab, it shows 10 new ones, the same ones as before

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 10:18 PM
Now, instead of always showing 1 "new" Notification (when I have none), it shows 7 of them...I click on it, and it's those original 10 from while ago, that are not new

Last thumb-up I received was at 13:42, it's now 16:18

Going to try a CCleaner run again, see if it makes a difference

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 10:26 PM
Notifications error fixed, not sure if it was due to running CCleaner or if William is still tweaking a bit

I had a few new ones since those "original 10" I kept seeing, but now all are cleared from the tab as "new"

No new Notifications indicated

William
12-31-2018, 11:22 PM
That bug seems to be due to dual cockies. One from the old host and one from the new. Deleting AC cockies should solve it but will force you to login again.

Slaphppy7
12-31-2018, 11:41 PM
I'll do that now, though it may not be needed, things are working normally here for me now, all aspects of the site...can't hurt to log off and log back on, just takes a few seconds

Glad we're back on, thanks for the updates

angelcraze2
01-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Thanks for helping me mac and William, I am logged back in :)

angelcraze2
01-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Ok, I've given it a few days, either the forum is completely dead, or the 'New Posts' or 'Today's posts' features are not working for me. What can I do to fix that?

Slaphppy7
01-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Everything seems to be working fine on my end, though the forum has been a bit slow

Have you tried clearing your cookies and starting over (log-out from the AC, then log back in)

Taurus
01-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Things have smoothed out for me here as well. Well done William.

angelcraze2
01-02-2019, 08:19 PM
It says 'sorry no matches'. Maybe it's just slow? I'll try logging out again tx.

angelcraze2
01-02-2019, 08:23 PM
Yeah, it says 'sorry no matches. Pls try different terms'? Ah well, maybe it'll resolve itself, tx everyone :)

SueD
01-02-2019, 08:23 PM
Ok, I've given it a few days, either the forum is completely dead, or the 'New Posts' or 'Today's posts' features are not working for me. What can I do to fix that?

I'm still having this problem, too. I was in OK last night, but cannot get in today. I logged out as suggested by Matt and got a message that all cookies were cleared and got the option to return to the forum. But cannot get into any new posts.

angelcraze2
01-02-2019, 08:27 PM
I am in, but can't see what's new. I have to manually look to see what was posted yesterday and today. Ahhhhh first world problems. Sorry, not trying to complain, just noticed it wasn't working. I've been posting, so I know there are posts lol.

Slaphppy7
01-02-2019, 09:44 PM
William, have a look when you get a chance, please

Nautilus291
01-02-2019, 10:44 PM
I am in, but can't see what's new. I have to manually look to see what was posted yesterday and today. Ahhhhh first world problems. Sorry, not trying to complain, just noticed it wasn't working. I've been posting, so I know there are posts lol.

I'm having the same issues. Although I can't log out because I can't remember my password haha

William
01-02-2019, 11:43 PM
I need some more info because the new post feature works for me.

Which browser are you guys using?

Nautilus291
01-03-2019, 01:47 AM

I'm on my Android phone using chrome.

I also can't remember my password (my web browser has it saved). I tried to do a password reset, but after I submit my email address nothing happens. I've checked my spam folder and it wasn't in there.

angelcraze2
01-03-2019, 02:01 AM
Me too, using chrome, original site and android version.

Nautilus291 You can find your password if you saved it on google with 'manage passwords'. Select your username and the AC and uncover your password. You can copy and paste it.

William
01-03-2019, 07:30 AM
Ok. I will look into to it.

SueD
01-03-2019, 04:35 PM

I'm using Chrome on a laptop. I have to log out each time to see any posts. Then if i want to post, I can log in and create a post. But when looking for "new posts" I get the error message "Sorry - no matches". When I click the main forum tab again, I get the message that the forum is off-line and I have to log out again to see any posts at all.

Boundava
01-03-2019, 04:50 PM
On a different note, have you guys/gals been getting email updates since the server was switched? Sometimes I can't even see new posts any longer when I click on the tab?

I also use Chrome.

Slaphppy7
01-03-2019, 04:59 PM
I turned off the email notifications a long time ago, I just click "New Posts" to see new stuff, and it is working fine.

If I want to see new posts for a particular thread, I just subscribe to the thread, then hit "Settings" to see any new posts on those threads.

There are still some bugs to be worked out, I believe...William knows about them

Rocksor
01-03-2019, 04:59 PM
On a different note, have you guys/gals been getting email updates since the server was switched? Sometimes I can't even see new posts any longer when I click on the tab?

I also use Chrome.

I think the New Posts Tab isn't working, and not really a browser issue.

I'm using Safari right now.

Rocksor
01-03-2019, 05:03 PM
I turned off the email notifications a long time ago, I just click "New Posts" to see new stuff, and it is working fine.

If I want to see new posts for a particular thread, I just subscribe to the thread, then hit "Settings" to see any new posts on those threads.

There are still some bugs to be worked out, I believe...William knows about them

I don't think clicking New Posts link in the forum is working since I haven't seen any new posts since 0500 Pacific time today.

Slaphppy7
01-03-2019, 05:18 PM
I think the New Posts Tab isn't working, and not really a browser issue.

It's working fine for me, on PC with Firefox.

Rocksor
01-03-2019, 05:29 PM
Cleared the browser history and cache, then logged back in. New posts now working.
SueD Boundava

Slaphppy7
01-03-2019, 05:35 PM
Yep, I did that a few days ago

Hopefully. Because the only bug I am experincing is the cache issue.
I have not made any changes to the code of the site and it is still using the same software behind the scenes. I have basically just copied it over to another hard drive.
Clearing the cache might help resolve things quicker. https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic

angelcraze2
01-03-2019, 06:02 PM
Ok tx! Cleared my cache and it's working now :)

Taurus
01-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Firefox is working fine here as long as you clear the cache, history and cookies. I do have issues with Safari on my iphone that requires me to clear cache, cookies and history every time but I had issues with that on the old server. I really don't think these issues are server related?

Boundava
01-03-2019, 07:13 PM
Yay! Thanks guys, that solved the issue at work-WOW there are a lot of new posts for me!

Taurus
01-03-2019, 07:20 PM
-WOW there are a lot of new posts for me!

And you need to read everyone and that will keep you busy for the rest of the day :whip:

William
01-03-2019, 08:04 PM
I am unable to recreate any problems with the new post function so it is seems it is old cockies or cached files that is causing the problems. I am happy to see that cleaning cache and cockies seems to resolve it for most (all?).

Is there anyone still having problem? (That have cleaned their cockies/cache)

angelcraze2
01-03-2019, 11:32 PM
Drat, ran into something else. I can't seem to upload pics from my phone. It says it is not a valid file. I tried some older pics that I've uploaded before and the same thing. I also tried to take them from a third party (I think that's what it's called, it's Skitch) and it also came up as an invalid file. I cleared cache and it fixed the 'new post' issue tx!

SueD
01-04-2019, 12:49 AM
Cleared cache and looks like I'm OK now

Thanks

William
01-04-2019, 05:25 AM
Drat, ran into something else. I can't seem to upload pics from my phone. It says it is not a valid file. I tried some older pics that I've uploaded before and the same thing. I also tried to take them from a third party (I think that's what it's called, it's Skitch) and it also came up as an invalid file. I cleared cache and it fixed the 'new post' issue tx!

What file format is the pic?

bpete
01-04-2019, 02:42 PM
thanks for the info William. I was wondering what was going on. all is good now.

Nautilus291
01-04-2019, 04:09 PM
I just tried to upload a picture and I'm getting the same message as angelcraz2 my file format is .jpg

(This is on an Android phone)

angelcraze2
01-04-2019, 06:21 PM
^^Yes .jpg
Still using Chrome. Android phone, classic site.

And 'new posts' doesn't work again. Should I just clear cache again?

Slaphppy7
01-04-2019, 07:02 PM
And 'new posts' doesn't work again. Should I just clear cache again?

Can't hurt...log out of AC, clear browser cache/cookies, then log back on

Boundava
01-04-2019, 07:36 PM
Same with me-no new posts; plus I can't upload photos, they are png, jpn, jpeg but it tells me invalid?!?

Clearing out the history everyday at work is not doable, I need that stuff.

mac
01-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Same with me-no new posts; plus I can't upload photos, they are png, jpn, jpeg but it tells me invalid?!?

Clearing out the history everyday at work is not doable, I need that stuff.Can you down load taptalk on the work PC??

Tap talk has had zero issues for me at all.

angelcraze2
01-04-2019, 07:49 PM
I don't like it though :( The app also drains my battery. I removed the app as soon as I thought the site was working without it. I'll download tapatalk again if I really want to find new posts, but it would be nice to get it all sortedit for good. Agreed with Boundava, I'll reset it again, but would really rather not.

William
01-04-2019, 09:59 PM

Clearing out the history everyday at work is not doable, I need that stuff.

Looking into it. You should not need to remove history every day. Once should be enough. (Since there has been more than 48 hours since the migration)

William
01-04-2019, 10:07 PM
I just tried to upload a picture and I'm getting the same message as angelcraz2 my file format is .jpg

(This is on an Android phone)

Please try now. I think the picture you tried to upload might have been too high resolution/big. The forum only allowed 2000x2000px (old setting) for jpg, Many modern cameras takes photos that are lager than that. I have changed the maximum to 4000x4000 which should accomodate most phones.

Not sure this will solve it but I think so.

SueD
01-05-2019, 12:02 AM
Please try now. I think the picture you tried to upload might have been too high resolution/big. The forum only allowed 2000x2000px (old setting) for jpg, Many modern cameras takes photos that are lager than that. I have changed the maximum to 4000x4000 which should accomodate most phones.

This is still pretty buggy for me. A couple of issues:

2) The "clock" may be off somehow. I just read a post from Matt that said "Today, 10:47 pm". I'm on the East coast and it's 6:51 pm here now. Matt should be behind me, not 4 hours ahead of me.

2) At the end of a thread, I only have the choice to "Reply with Quote", rather than add another post. At this point I'm in a "Logged Out" status.

3) When I do reply with quote, as I've done here, I have to log in first. Then I get the box to add my post with the quoted text.

4) If I'm logged in, before entering any thread, I can't get to any new posts.

So, I'm sort of getting around, but with several steps, logging in sometimes and out sometimes, depending on what I want to do.

Edit: BTW, the timing on this post by me matches the time here - so, I'm confused.

angelcraze2
01-05-2019, 12:31 AM

Thanks. Do I have to clear something first? My pic says it's under 2000x2000px but it still comes up as an invalid file.

William
01-05-2019, 06:06 AM
Could you email the pic to admin@aquaticcommunity.com so that I can take a look. Might help me to figure out what is wrong.

William
01-05-2019, 06:13 AM
2) The "clock" may be off somehow. I just read a post from Matt that said "Today, 10:47 pm". I'm on the East coast and it's 6:51 pm here now. Matt should be behind me, not 4 hours ahead of me.
Other peoples posts uses server time not the users own time zone. Atleast they should. Will check

2) At the end of a thread, I only have the choice to "Reply with Quote", rather than add another post. At this point I'm in a "Logged Out" status.
I will take a look. Allthough it sounds like the page hasnt loaded correctly on your side.

3) When I do reply with quote, as I've done here, I have to log in first. Then I get the box to add my post with the quoted text.
This is correct. You should not be able to post without being logged in.

Are you saying that the new post tab is empty?

So, I'm sort of getting around, but with several steps, logging in sometimes and out sometimes, depending on what I want to do.

I am trying to solve all bugs but it is hard when I am unable to replicate them. Will keep trying

William
01-05-2019, 06:14 AM
If you keep logging in and out then the new post page is likely to always be empty. Because there is nothing new since you logged in.

mac
01-05-2019, 09:10 AM
I have tried again on PC with zero issues.
And tap talk zero issues.

SueD
01-05-2019, 03:46 PM
Other peoples posts uses server time not the users own time zone. Atleast they should. Will check

I will take a look. Allthough it sounds like the page hasnt loaded correctly on your side.

This is correct. You should not be able to post without being logged in.

Are you saying that the new post tab is empty?

I am trying to solve all bugs but it is hard when I am unable to replicate them. Will keep trying

When I first get to the site, if I stay "logged off", I can see all new posts and can post back by quoting another post in a thread. So I am asked to log in to make my post.

If I go back in after logging in, I get the message "there are no matches". If I go back in after logging out, I can see all new messages with the note that they have not been updated since my last visit - but at least I can see them.

angelcraze2
01-05-2019, 04:08 PM
When I first get to the site, if I stay "logged off", I can see all new posts and can post back by quoting another post in a thread. So I am asked to log in to make my post.

If I go back in after logging in, I get the message "there are no matches". If I go back in after logging out, I can see all new messages with the note that they have not been updated since my last visit - but at least I can see them.

It sounds like the problem is your 'New Posts' and 'Today's Posts' features are not working, which is the same problem I am also having. I have to keep clearing my cache to be able to see new posts while being logged in. I haven't checked it today yet.

angelcraze2
01-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Could you email the pic to admin@aquaticcommunity.com so that I can take a look. Might help me to figure out what is wrong.

Sent.
I'll try and upload thru Tapatalk, I bet I'd be able to that way. It would be nice to know what i'm doing wrong though.

Slaphppy7
01-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Sorry you ladies are having troubles with the new server, I'm sure William will get it sorted out

angelcraze2
01-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Thanks Matt, i'm sure it will as well. Tx William.

I'll have to clear my cache again today to see new posts, so I'll just wait until something else is figured out. Thanks for looking into it.

Boundava
01-06-2019, 12:26 AM
Doesn't work. On PC or phone. No email updates anymore, no photo uploading either. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

discusluv
01-06-2019, 12:37 AM
Working great on my end.

William
01-06-2019, 05:42 AM
I have received the pictures, and I am investigating. But it is hard since not everyone is experiencing the same problems. Will not give up until it works for everyone.

angelcraze2
01-06-2019, 05:37 PM
Thank you :)

angelcraze2
01-06-2019, 05:38 PM
Doesn't work. On PC or phone. No email updates anymore, no photo uploading either. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Same here, no new posts, no pic uploading.

SueD
01-06-2019, 06:25 PM
For this forum only, I decided to try Edge as my browser. Seems to work fine so far with this. I'm signed in, I can get "new posts", and I can reply to the thread with or without quoting.

With Chrome, I cannot use "New Posts". I have to go thread by thread, sub-thread by sub-thread. When in a thread or sub-thread, I see the new posts in bold as usual. The normal Reply button is there now, however, unlike yesterday when I when could only reply by quoting another post.

While I prefer Chrome over Edge, for now I'll use Edge to navigate this forum.

angelcraze2
01-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Tx Sue. Obviously the problem is with Chrome. Hopefully William will be able to figure something out. William if I clear my cache, I can see new posts for the day, then have to reclear it the next day and so on, so daily. I don't think I was able to upload my pic after I cleared cache.

Slaphppy7
01-06-2019, 06:46 PM
I presently cannot upload pics, never had an issue before...using PC and Firefox

Boundava
01-06-2019, 08:51 PM
I cannot login with my phone. I just installed the tap talk... not a fan.

Also cannot upload photos with phone or pc. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/0f6207f8f381386a886e0d84c4667f5e.jpg

Boundava
01-06-2019, 08:51 PM
I cannot login with my phone. I just installed the tap talk... not a fan.

Also cannot upload photos with phone or pc. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/0f6207f8f381386a886e0d84c4667f5e.jpgWell tap talk can upload...

angelcraze2
01-06-2019, 09:46 PM
Well tap talk can upload...

Figured. Well good to know.
I just cleared cache and it didn't work this time :( Can't see new posts, can't upload, can't see my own started threads in profile. Something's really wonky. I guess an alternative to using Tapatalk is to try a different browser like Sue suggested.

Boundava
01-06-2019, 10:16 PM
I use Chrome, so I guess I have to wait till the issue is resolved. Or figure out the tapatalk.

Slaphppy7
01-06-2019, 10:45 PM
Tried FF yet?...it's what I always use, working fine, with a few hiccups

A couple of hours ago, I couldn't even get on the AC, some kind of "Gateway error"...anyone else?

Slaphppy7
01-06-2019, 10:49 PM
For those of you who can't view new posts

At the top of the page, click on "Forum Actions", then click "Mark Forums Read", then click on "New Posts"...it SHOULD say something like "no new posts, but click here for posts in the last 24 hours"...can you do that?

It won't fix anything, I'm just curious if you can see posts from the last 24 hours, newest will be first

angelcraze2
01-06-2019, 11:16 PM
No Matt, it still says "no matches. Try a different...." I forget, but not the normal no new posts. Today's posts doesn't work either. Tx anyway, maybe it will work for someone else.

Slaphppy7
01-07-2019, 02:07 AM
Thanks Kat for the reply.

Hopefully William will get it fixed soon.

William
01-07-2019, 06:07 AM
Please try to log in using incognito mode and see if that works.

angelcraze2
01-07-2019, 04:03 PM
It works in incognito! Will you still try to figure out Chrome? Just thinking about new members not being able to use the forum.

Slaphppy7
01-07-2019, 04:19 PM
It works in incognito! Will you still try to figure out Chrome? Just thinking about new members not being able to use the forum.

How many "new posts" do you see?

Rocksor
01-07-2019, 06:13 PM
How many "new posts" do you see?

Something weird with Chrome and Safari is going on. I shouldn't have to clear the cache every time I want to see new posts.

This is the link that I am using, and never failed on the old server.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Slaphppy7
01-07-2019, 07:07 PM
Everything seems fine with Firefox, except for posting of pics (yesterday), haven't tried today

angelcraze2
01-07-2019, 07:39 PM
Now it says no matches, but there were 4 new posts listed. Maybe nothing new. But it used to say "no new posts, check for posts in the last 24hrs here" or something like that.

Darn, just checked today's posts and the new post feature isn't working in incognito either anymore. But without incognito the same "no matches. Try different terms" message came up in "Today's Posts" feature as well.

I can find my latest started threads in incognito.

RiversGirl
01-07-2019, 10:17 PM
A couple of hours ago, I couldn't even get on the AC, some kind of "Gateway error"...anyone else?

Me - yes. I was unable to log in at all yesterday, although I did not check to see if I could through tapatalk.

William
01-08-2019, 03:11 AM

I will spending some more time looking into it but the fact that it works more or less confirm that it is a cockie issue. IE new users should not suffer from it.

William
01-08-2019, 03:14 AM
I appriciateyou all keep telling me about issues so I can keep looking for the bugs.

William
01-08-2019, 03:29 AM
I think I have figured out the image upload problem (was able to recreate it) and will contact my host about it.

To all people who are experiencing trouble. Have you manually deleted cookies or only logged out and in again. Have you removed all cookies or just the one?

Boundava
01-08-2019, 05:00 AM
I have deleted cookies at home and three times at work. It doesnt work for me any longer. Always says no new posts in Chrome.
Or when I tried accessing the sit do directly from my phone (not tapatalk).

William
01-08-2019, 06:03 AM
Weird. I will keep looking

Rocksor
01-08-2019, 12:47 PM
Once I clear history and all data, it works. Come back the next day, and the New Posts doesn't work.

Riyadh
01-08-2019, 01:38 PM
I am also having issues seeing today's posts.

SueD
01-08-2019, 01:57 PM
I think I have figured out the image upload problem (was able to recreate it) and will contact my host about it.

To all people who are experiencing trouble. Have you manually deleted cookies or only logged out and in again. Have you removed all cookies or just the one?

I have removed all cookies and cleared the cache multiple times. Still no go in Chrome. I'm using Edge for now just for this site and it seems to work so far, but I prefer Chrome. Hope you can find the issue.

angelcraze2
01-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Same here, everything everyone has said. It's not working in Incognito either again, but I stopped cleaning cache because it stopped working after clearing as well and an everyday thing. I appreciate you continuing to look into this William. Now I really miss the AC!

angelcraze2
01-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Ok, I started using a different browser for this forum only like Sue is doing, for now it is working, but I prefer Chome as well. Wish we could figure this out.

angelcraze2
01-08-2019, 08:10 PM
Ok, it's not working in the samsung browser now either. Is that the same browser as Chrome? I didn't think so, but it's weird it is not working again :( Same message "no matches. Try a different term" comes up when I hit "new posts".

Rocksor
01-08-2019, 09:23 PM
Ok, it's not working in the samsung browser now either. Is that the same browser as Chrome? I didn't think so, but it's weird it is not working again :( Same message "no matches. Try a different term" comes up when I hit "new posts".

Android phones use Chrome by default.

Boundava
01-08-2019, 10:03 PM
Yup not working for me either-even with cleared cache on Chrome. I also miss AC.

So I also have to use explorer for program. New posts works in explorer-but the images on the site aren't loaded.

I still can't upload photos though so I can't show you what it looks like. This is so frustrating.

steeler58
01-08-2019, 10:49 PM
I use chrome on my PC and have not experienced any problems the last few days.

Boundava
01-08-2019, 11:57 PM
Lucky you.

Nautilus291
01-09-2019, 12:10 AM
Ya, I'm still having these issues also. Wish I could upload some pictures!

Slaphppy7
01-09-2019, 12:48 AM
Test

Tried to upload a small jpeg image with FF, doesn't work

William
01-09-2019, 01:41 AM
I know the problem with the pics (I think) and I am waiting for the host to fix it.

As for new posts. I am able to recreate the problem now which makes it easier to solve it. Right now I am trying a few different ways of listing the new posts. But work is a bit slow since I need to change a setting, wait a few hours to see if it works, and then change again if it doesn't.

The best solution would be to replace the forum software alltogether since it is very old and it gets harder and harder to get it to work with modern servers. But if I do then we risk losing some of the custom features.

Boundava
01-09-2019, 02:20 AM
OMG New Posts just worked-it didn't a few minutes ago! :cheerleaderkid:

I was going through some serious AC withdrawal!! :hmm3grin2orange:

BTW, NOT a fan of tapatalk :thumbdown:

Slaphppy7
01-09-2019, 02:39 AM
I know the problem with the pics (I think) and I am waiting for the host to fix it.

As for new posts. I am able to recreate the problem now which makes it easier to solve it. Right now I am trying a few different ways of listing the new posts. But work is a bit slow since I need to change a setting, wait a few hours to see if it works, and then change again if it doesn't.

The best solution would be to replace the forum software alltogether since it is very old and it gets harder and harder to get it to work with modern servers. But if I do then we risk losing some of the custom features.

Custom features, such as what?

William
01-09-2019, 04:50 AM
Features (custom or otherwise) that I am uncertain if I could port over to more modern software includes:
awards
Ribbons
gifts
User tagging
Most liked posts
Thumbs up.
And likely a few others things. Many of these functions could likely be restored but I can not know for sure before i try. It would likely be possible to create similar systems but I am not sure how easy (or hard) it would be to bring old data over.

Slaphppy7
01-09-2019, 01:15 PM
I'd like to keep those if we can...AC seems to be working fine for me this morning

Boundava
01-09-2019, 02:54 PM
Cleared the cache at work and it seems to be good here too, now I have the new posts working. It was good for me with the new posts at the home PC too. I just can't upload photos, just video links.

Oh and the email updates don't work, but if I can see new posts then that doesn't bother me at all.

SueD
01-09-2019, 04:40 PM
I'm writing this response using Edge, but I just went over to Chrome (because of Nat's post) and opened the site there, too. New posts is working - at this particular minute, anyway - and I did not have to clear cookies or cache. We'll see what happens throughout the day and I'll report whether it consistently works or if this is just a brief event.

Boundava
01-09-2019, 04:54 PM
Crud-I don't think we have no new posts so it seems chrome isn't working again...

angelcraze2
01-09-2019, 05:00 PM
Yep I just posted. Although I just opened AC in Chrome and New Posts seems to be working so far.....

Although I also just noticed the posts I just made weren't listed under new posts so maybe it was only working earlier today. It didn't work in Samsung Internet, which is the same thing I guess, but the browser IS different (nothing is saved like my lingo).

Boundava
01-09-2019, 05:34 PM
I has to clear the cache again as the new posts were not working correctly.

angelcraze2
01-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Weird, both my posts I made before opening Chrome back up are not coming up in New Posts, not even those not updated since last visit, but other new posts are coming up and also my posts I made using Chrome today.

As long as I can see some new posts, I was thinking there were none for days!

Slaphppy7
01-09-2019, 07:11 PM
I was thinking there were none for days!

Yes, the AC has seemed much slower than it actually has been, if you aren't seeing new posts daily

Boundava
01-09-2019, 09:21 PM
Weird, both my posts I made before opening Chrome back up are not coming up in New Posts, not even those not updated since last visit, but other new posts are coming up and also my posts I made using Chrome today.

As long as I can see some new posts, I was thinking there were none for days!

I just had to sign out clear my cache, sign in, sign out and clear my cache again in order to see new posts. So Chrome is still messed up.

I also had been getting the same mentions/thumbs up every time I logged in for about 4 log-ins last week.

SueD
01-09-2019, 10:12 PM
Yes, still messed up for me too. First log in incognito, new posts come up, then they won't. Can also only "Reply with Quote" in this status.

I'm back to Edge for now.

Slaphppy7
01-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Site was completely down for me again, another Gateway error...just started working again

Boundava
01-10-2019, 07:59 PM
Ok well that answers my question. It was down for me on Chrome as well.

Taurus
01-10-2019, 08:05 PM
I miss you guys when that happens!

Boundava
01-10-2019, 09:46 PM
Miss you as well!

Slaphppy7
01-11-2019, 02:17 AM
Same here, I miss all of my buddies here when the site is down, first and foremost

Secondly, I miss learning about new setups, ongoing setups, and current ones

Thirdly, I miss banning those damn spammers, lol...even THEY are having trouble messing with our AC

William will get it fixed, patience everyone, please...*

*...I told the voices in my head...

angelcraze2
01-11-2019, 07:22 PM
It's been working for me lately I think. Just yesterday I could get the page like everyone else. Figured it was just a temp prob and I'll get my fix tomorrow :ezpi_wink1:

Boundava
01-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Still have to clean the cache about 3 times a day on Chrome to see new posts, no photo uploads and the phone new posts don't work. I uninstalled tapatalk. It was making my eye twitch :14:

Slaphppy7
01-11-2019, 11:33 PM
I'm showing no new messages for over 3 hours now, on FF at home

Hard to tell these days how accurate that is...site was working fine for me, earlier at work, on FF

It may be under more maintenance at this time, thanks for everyone's patience, again

Nautilus291
01-11-2019, 11:56 PM
Has anyone else tried to use the reset your password feature lately? I can't clear my cache because I never get an email when I try to reset my password. I've tried it on different browsers and different computers, and I just never get the email.

Slaphppy7
01-12-2019, 12:09 AM
William

New comments above

William
01-12-2019, 03:44 AM
Sorry for the silence. Been away for 48 hours.

The "new" feature is still not working correctly. I m experiencing the same problem as everyone else now.
Looking into the missing emails and pictures as well.

William
01-12-2019, 05:56 AM
Ok image uploads should work now, but you will see a broken thumbnail during upload. Ignore this.

Please test

angelcraze2
01-12-2019, 06:03 AM

Did it work? Woohoo!

Edit Thanks so much William, it uploaded flawlessly :)

William
01-12-2019, 06:10 AM

Just another test

angelcraze2
01-12-2019, 06:15 AM
And another ;)

Slaphppy7
01-12-2019, 03:08 PM

Nautilus291
01-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Testing....

Slaphppy7
01-12-2019, 09:52 PM
Nice pic!..............

Slaphppy7
01-29-2019, 01:15 PM
I wonder if members are still having issues, the site has been the slowest I've ever seen it the last few days

mermaidwannabe
01-29-2019, 03:12 PM
So far, so good, for me. Haven't tried to upload photos, yet. Looks like that's working, viewing the above pics. I have Firefox on a PC. No so-called "smart" phones for me. Don't want 'em, don't use 'em.

Slaphppy7
01-29-2019, 04:23 PM
So far, so good, for me. Haven't tried to upload photos, yet. Looks like that's working, viewing the above pics. I have Firefox on a PC. No so-called "smart" phones for me. Don't want 'em, don't use 'em.

Same for me, all points, lol

SueD
01-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Still working well with Edge. Not so with Chrome

William
01-29-2019, 10:35 PM
Sorry to hear that it had been slow for you. The server load has been low so not really sure why. Will focus on the new software and will not go bug hunting.

Hoping to have an aplha build next week.

mermaidwannabe
01-29-2019, 10:41 PM
Just testing to see if pic uploading works for me ...

mermaidwannabe
01-29-2019, 10:43 PM
Well, the thumbnail appeared in the uploading window as a blank with a question mark in the center, but the pic still appeared here, so I guess it works. Goody, goody!

steeler58
01-29-2019, 10:52 PM
Seems fine to me :22:

Slaphppy7
01-29-2019, 11:48 PM
The pic is not in the format (appearance?) that images usually are for me, how they appear

The image in post #150 above has a gray border, with the words "Attached Images" on the upper left of that border

Usually, pics posted here on the AC do not have that border, from my view on PC and FF

Slaphppy7
01-29-2019, 11:50 PM
Test pic for me

Slaphppy7
01-29-2019, 11:50 PM
My pic doesn't have the border

mermaidwannabe
01-30-2019, 12:17 AM
I've seen another here with the words "attached image" in the upper left, though not all of them have that. My main concern is that my pics upload. I just see a thin hairline which is barely visible (you'd have to be looking for it) around my pic. Not sure why that's happening, but it doesn't bother me, so long as the photo comes through. I think everyone knows the image is "attached". Glad folks can see the pic.

Slaphppy7
01-30-2019, 12:38 AM
Uploading with PC or phone?

Here's what I see from your pic...notice how far the upper right hand gray border extends across the page, it borders the "thumbs up/down" icon

Anyone else see that?

mermaidwannabe
01-30-2019, 04:17 AM
I upload pics from my photo page on my PC. Yes, I did notice the border extending across the page. But on my screen, it's a barely visible hairline. The photo still came through. Maybe this is a thing with the new server, and may iron itself out as William continues to tweak things.

BTW -- doesn't Skinner look annoyed, his ears slightly back?

SueD
01-30-2019, 05:10 AM
Uploading with PC or phone?

Here's what I see from your pic...notice how far the upper right hand gray border extends across the page, it borders the "thumbs up/down" icon

Anyone else see that?

I see the same. But at least the pic is there.

I'm only seeing 2 threads using "new posts" today - this one and one from showmebutterfly's salt water tank. Am I missing others or has that been all there was today?

angelcraze2
01-30-2019, 05:38 AM
Hello everyone! I've been waiting for the new site. I miss my AC friends so much though, don't worry, i'm around, just harder to find posts. I will be back in full gear when things are all sorted out. I hope everyone will be too!

mac
01-30-2019, 08:50 AM
What I find really odd is, zero issues the whole time my end.

If I use tappa talk, normal web page on my Android, or log on with windows 10 on the PC zero issue.

What gives??

Slaphppy7
01-30-2019, 01:00 PM
I'm only seeing 2 threads using "new posts" today - this one and one from showmebutterfly's salt water tank. Am I missing others or has that been all there was today?

They're the only new ones I saw as well for yesterday, that's why I posted about how slow the forum was

If I use tappa talk, normal web page on my Android, or log on with windows 10 on the PC zero issue.

What gives??

That is strange...we've all had at least "minor" issues since the server update, I'm fairly certain

Slaphppy7
01-30-2019, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone! I've been waiting for the new site. I miss my AC friends so much though, don't worry, i'm around, just harder to find posts. I will be back in full gear when things are all sorted out. I hope everyone will be too!

Miss you too, Kat

SueD
01-30-2019, 01:03 PM

What gives??

Mac, what are you using as your browser in Windows 10? If I use Edge, the site works fine. But if I use Chrome (my preferred browser) it's got issues. So I've been using Edge just for this site and Chrome for everything else I want to explore.

angelcraze2
01-30-2019, 06:50 PM

What gives??

Not a fan of tapatalk and i'm being stubborn lol. I just figure why not wait until its all fixed. I'm sure i'm not the only one who uses Chrome and prefer to have just one browser. Shouldn't be long!

mac
01-30-2019, 09:23 PM
Mac, what are you using as your browser in Windows 10? If I use Edge, the site works fine. But if I use Chrome (my preferred browser) it's got issues. So I've been using Edge just for this site and Chrome for everything else I want to explore.All I use is internet explorer.
The simple stock one, with zero issues thus far.

For some odd reason my wife used chrome and it has endless YouTube google and forum issues.

But that's her choice so I use the other option.

discusluv
01-30-2019, 09:31 PM
I use Internet Explorer and Mozillo Firefox- haven't had any issues on my end either.

SueD
01-30-2019, 09:53 PM
And since Edge works, too, it seems that for PC's at least, Chrome is the problem browser. I only use my lap top so I can't speak to any of the mobile device options.

Boundava
04-28-2019, 07:35 PM
Curious, does anyone know if this is the finished product or if William is still working on the issues? I still don't get new posts or updates on threads I am subscribed to.

SueD
04-28-2019, 11:27 PM
As far as I know, he is working on an entirely new version from scratch, rather than continuing to try to fix the problems with this one.

mac
04-29-2019, 07:03 PM
I have had zero contact with him in ages.
So unsure what's happening.

Boundava
04-29-2019, 08:36 PM
I am missing everyone-it seems like we have lost a lot of regulars in the past 6 months to year. :scry:

Slaphppy7
04-30-2019, 11:51 AM
Indeed it does seem that way, sad

mac
05-12-2019, 06:56 PM
I am missing everyone-it seems like we have lost a lot of regulars in the past 6 months to year. :scry:Amazing how everyone gets busy and caught up in our world wide community.

Side note face book is dead as well.
More so since they have started banning aquarium related sites if they see any possible sale.

discusluv
05-12-2019, 09:43 PM
I have been busy- last two months of completing Master's degree and community college teaching certification. Another couple weeks & will be on here more frequently again!

discusluv
05-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Quit Facebook a year ago- will never go back. It has turned into an "ugly space" instead of a social space.

Slaphppy7
05-13-2019, 01:34 AM
mac, have you tried to contact William lately?

mac
05-13-2019, 05:00 AM
mac, have you tried to contact William lately?Yeah I even gave him a call.
Nothing at all.

He has vanished in his paradise again.
Really would love to move his way.

Slaphppy7
05-13-2019, 12:28 PM
Thanks Mac...hope he's OK

mac
05-13-2019, 06:53 PM
Thanks Mac...hope he's OKHe is like me, only difference his country let's you get ahead with your work.
Mine crushes you and tries to destroy everything you do.

angelcraze2
05-24-2019, 09:15 PM
My new post button worked twice now! Hoping I didn't jinx myself, but I'd love to this forum rolling again like it used to be!

More and more ppl are turning away from FB. I agree, it's become too SJW lately, meaning anyone with a differing opinion. Too much politics. I hope forums make a comeback soon!!!!

Flak! I DID just jynx myself. Can't find anything anymore, even when I backspace refresh :(

Slaphppy7
05-26-2019, 03:15 PM
Forum was down for me yesterday, "database error"....working just fine, now

I'd like to see it busy again too, miss my friends here

Taurus
05-26-2019, 03:36 PM
Yeah, it was down for me as well.

Hope everybody here is surviving the really nasty spat of bad weather across the Country. My thoughts and prayers are with those living and dealing with these awful storms.

RiversGirl
05-26-2019, 03:38 PM
I too would like to see the forum hopping again. I also miss keeping up with folks here.

For my household, this month is always a crazy one. This is just the chapter of life that we are in, and within this chapter (volume, perhaps?) May is nuts. It'll be June soon, and I'll be able to take in a deep breath in June.

Slaphppy7
05-26-2019, 03:54 PM
Hope everybody here is surviving the really nasty spat of bad weather across the Country. My thoughts and prayers are with those living and dealing with these awful storms.

Yes sir, some scary stuff for the central plains, and it's not over yet

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/storm-ravaged-central-us-braces-for-more-tornadoes-flooding-into-tuesday/70008368

Riyadh
05-26-2019, 07:12 PM
So finally I have a new laptop!!
But now I am having issues with the forum. It never shows new posts when I click the link. It always says " sorry no matches......" even when I click on todays posts, it says "sorry no matches...."

showmebutterfly
05-26-2019, 07:15 PM
Forum was down for me yesterday, "database error"....working just fine, now

I'd like to see it busy again too, miss my friends hereI was having problems with it last night too. I'm so glad it's back up today. I don't drop in as often as I used to, but I'd be really sad if it hadn't come back.

RiversGirl
05-26-2019, 11:05 PM
So finally I have a new laptop!!
But now I am having issues with the forum. It never shows new posts when I click the link. It always says " sorry no matches......" even when I click on todays posts, it says "sorry no matches...."

Congrats on your new laptop!
So, when you click on "New Posts" from the top, right underneath "Forum", you are not getting the list of posts made since your last visit to the site? That is how I read new posts. It has worked for me continually. I access this site via IE. Perhaps that makes a difference?

Riyadh
05-27-2019, 07:22 AM
Congrats on your new laptop!
So, when you click on "New Posts" from the top, right underneath "Forum", you are not getting the list of posts made since your last visit to the site? That is how I read new posts. It has worked for me continually. I access this site via IE. Perhaps that makes a difference?

Thats correct. I use Chrome. I have deleted the cookies twice and it worked once.

Riyadh
05-27-2019, 07:24 AM
Ok, So I just logged in with Microsoft edge and it works. Any idea how I can fix it in chrome?

SueD
05-27-2019, 12:40 PM
Ok, So I just logged in with Microsoft edge and it works. Any idea how I can fix it in chrome?

I use Chrome for everything else, but started using Edge just for this forum when all the issues started, especially "new posts". Everything works here under Edge but not yet for Chrome. I know a new version of this forum was being worked on, so maybe when/if that gets done, Chrome will work again - it used to. But for now, I continue to use Edge here.

RiversGirl
05-27-2019, 02:31 PM
Yes, I do it in a similar way as well.
I use both Chrome and IE for different things. (I like attributes of each of them for different aspects.) I've always used IE to access this forum.

Oh, and Tapatalk is what I use to post photos (although it has been awhile since I've done so)

I'm glad that you've found a work-around, Riyadh.

angelcraze2
05-27-2019, 07:35 PM
I still can't access new posts. Well sometimes. But mostly it's no matches. Using Chrome.

Nothing you can do if you use Chrome. Not even deleting cookies works.

Trying to stay patient for the new site.

Slaphppy7
05-27-2019, 08:20 PM
Site is working fine for me, with Firefox.

mac
05-29-2019, 07:59 AM
I have had a few issues my end.

Worse on tap talk, laptop and normal google phone search works but not always with out reloading.

Boundava
05-29-2019, 06:02 PM
:fingerscrossed: It seem to be working OK with new posts on Chrome. Worked last night at home and right now at work.

Uploading pics has been OK too (once I resize them)-though its so much faster with Taptalk (no resizing needed) that I kept it installed on my phone just for that reason.

WhistlingBadger
06-17-2019, 03:34 AM
I too baled on Facebook a month ago. Hoping to start getting a bit more involved here, too. I've never really used the "new posts" tag, so I don't totally understand how it works. I only see two posts when i click on it. Surely there are more new posts than that?

T

Slaphppy7
06-17-2019, 12:18 PM
I see 5 new posts, since I logged off yesterday afternoon.

Many here aren't seeing new posts at all, hence the reason the site is so slow lately...it appears there's been no activity to those folks, when there actually has been.

RiversGirl
06-17-2019, 06:45 PM
Mine works too ^
9 new posts since I last peeked in yesterday.

I use IE to access this site - and yes, I do think that matters for some site features to work correctly, for some reason.

WhistlingBadger
06-18-2019, 12:18 AM
Nope, it isn't working for me now, on Chrome. Bummer.

RiversGirl
06-18-2019, 02:44 AM
Chrome is something I use regularly as well... just not for this site.

Anders247
06-18-2019, 01:26 PM
I use Chrome for this site, it works fine. But then again I use a Windows XP, so maybe that's why?

RiversGirl
06-18-2019, 01:52 PM
Good to know, Anders. Hopefully others could find it will work for them as well.

BluewaterBoof
06-18-2019, 02:03 PM
Chrome works for me when I'm using my computer at home but not when I'm at the office. When I'm at the office I have to switch over to that old dog, Internet Explorer, in order to view the site properly.

BluewaterBoof
07-31-2019, 10:09 PM
Still not working properly for my iPhone (Safari) and Chrome when at work. I hate to say this but I know the constant issues with the new(er) server have contributed a lot to the decrease in site activity. I know of a handful of users who have pretty much washed their hands of AC and went elsewhere.

For me, I don't even get updates or get results in the New Posts section unless I clear out my browser before each visit to the site. This is frustrating because when I do so I get signed out of all other sites and my saved login credentials get wiped out. That's a bigger hassle than is warranted just to get one website to function properly temporarily. :shrug:

Boundava
08-01-2019, 03:18 PM
I agree with you, the clearing of cache is a real PITA and has contributed to my decrease in activity since the beginning of the year. Any fixes that were forthcoming either didn't happen of didn't solve the issue with chrome. I used to be a top poster with daily posts in double digits-now I am top poster with under 10 posts daily just because there isn't any activity here. It makes me very sad. :yellowcry::scry:

SueD
08-02-2019, 04:21 PM
If using Windows 10, the Edge browser works fine for this site (on my laptop). I stopped using Chrome just for this site when the problems all started - haven't tried it again, yet.

mac
08-03-2019, 01:18 AM
I agree with you, the clearing of cache is a real PITA and has contributed to my decrease in activity since the beginning of the year. Any fixes that were forthcoming either didn't happen of didn't solve the issue with chrome. I used to be a top poster with daily posts in double digits-now I am top poster with under 10 posts daily just because there isn't any activity here. It makes me very sad. :yellowcry::scry:Yeah the forum is ultra quiet.
I may not post be I always see what's happening through notification on my phone.

Wished work enabled me more time to be here, but unfortunately no.

Search wise I have found even on my phone tappa talk is not that great any more

Slaphppy7
08-03-2019, 12:32 PM
Until the site is fixed where ALL members can see ALL new posts, ALL of the time, it's not going to be as active as it once was.

For me personally, it is working fine with Firefox on PC.

RiversGirl
09-13-2019, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure what happened, but about a month back or so, my login screen stopped the auto save (username and password both). I used to just go to the site, which I have bookmarked, and because I clicked on the "Remember Me" option, it would all pop up. No idea why that stopped. I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing that. We might have adjusted some setting from our provider as school was gearing up for the new year, not ruling that out.

But it all came at a fairly hectic time for me, so I couldn't spend the time finding my login credentials until things settled a bit here.
In unrelated news or entirely related, perhaps We now have 3 teenagers in our home.