PDA

View Full Version : October POTM is cancelled.

mac
10-14-2018, 05:52 AM
Hey all,

Sad to anouce that there has been zero entries at all this month.

So potm for October is cancelled.

Mac

DoubleDutch
10-14-2018, 12:40 PM
Hey all,

Sad to anouce that there has been zero entries at all this month.

So potm for October is cancelled.

MacGrrrrrr I could have won this time !

Slaphppy7
10-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Well, that is surprising, I thought the comp was starting to grow (?)

mermaidwannabe
10-14-2018, 03:03 PM
That is very strange. After all the interest that was shown the last couple of months, one would think there would be submissions. I wonder why nobody entered this time. This might warrant some input from the membership.

mermaidwannabe
10-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Since I've opened the door, I would like to make a suggestion or two.

Right now, POTM is the only comp that has been re-activated from the previous menu of comps. Perhaps if there were more choices, more of the older categories could be reinstated, there would be the opportunity to submit a wider variety of pictures.

Animal Photo of the Month was a favorite. Perhaps that could be reactivated as an additional comp category. In that one, members could submit original photos of pets and/or wildlife.

There was TOTM -- Tank of the Month. That one had to have photos of entire tanks, not just portions of tanks. It was also popular.

There was MOTM -- nominations for Member of the Month. In place of photos, the name of members who were especially deserving were entered, with the most votes winning.

Then, there is my suggestion for Garden Photo of the Month -- either flower or food gardens, but they would have to be one's own private garden, not public or community gardens. I think a lot of members would participate in that one. Perhaps, for the benefit of those members who don't have their own private gardens, there could be a sub-category for best public or community gardens, so they could also participate. The photos would still have to be original ones taken by members, themselves.

POTM is a fine comp, but I think there needs to be more categories available.

What say you all?

Just my plug nickel's worth ...

Slaphppy7
10-14-2018, 03:39 PM
I agree with the above.

discusluv
10-14-2018, 05:15 PM
I have submitted the last few months, just busy this month- lots going on.

angelcraze2
10-14-2018, 06:24 PM
Awww, I meant to submit one. I honestly think it would be too much work for the mods to have other contests especially since the only one we have that actually pertains to fish is not back in full motion yet. Not trying to be pessimistic, but realistic.

sfsamm
10-14-2018, 06:25 PM
I lost my laptop to a virus several months ago and resizing photos on my phone is an absolute pita as I can't tell pixels sizes.... I have several photos I've never posted to enter, in the event I eventually replace my computer lol. That's why I don't enter the comps. Not offering any suggestions or implications to change entry standards just commenting as to why I haven't except once or twice before my comp was disabled.

mch1984
10-14-2018, 07:59 PM
I forgot to look for it, I will submit one now if you wanted to open it up for a week or something. Sounds like there would be a few entries.

mac
10-14-2018, 09:27 PM
For us to open the other comps it would be very little more effort long term.

But in saying that I think we would need a extra to help out.

Currently they are open but awaiting info and changes server side before proceeding with more comps.

mermaidwannabe
10-14-2018, 11:44 PM
So, you would need someone with the technical expertise to handle that. I'm not that technically savvy, but I'm sure there's someone among the membership who can help you. Could William be of assistance? He comes to mind right away, as he administers this site.

Where is William, anyway?

Nautilus291
10-14-2018, 11:46 PM
So, you would need someone with the technical expertise to handle that. I'm not that technically savvy, but I'm sure there's someone among the membership who can help you. Could William be of assistance? He comes to mind right away, as he administers this site.

Where is William, anyway?

I saw him post on a new members page the other day.

mch1984
10-14-2018, 11:47 PM
I'd be happy to help, I may need some guidance to get started but I'm a quick learner. Just let me know, PM me if you want me to help out with it.

mac
10-15-2018, 12:45 AM

Where is William, anyway?William is around. Though mostly face book and phone calling for me when we get time to catch up.

As for the getting him in to help it is out of his hands and is server end. Which I am awaiting confirmation over.

angelcraze2
10-15-2018, 01:17 AM
Well that's very encouraging! Glad it's not that much difficulty. Then I agree, I would like to see more competitions! Always fun to see the pictures or videos.

Slaphppy7
10-15-2018, 11:53 AM
I saw him post on a new members page the other day.

That's an auto-reply that happens with all new members.

angelcraze2
10-15-2018, 06:34 PM
I knew it must be an auto-reply!

Slaphppy7
10-15-2018, 06:47 PM
Yep...he changes the message every once in a while, but that's not a "live" response

mac
10-15-2018, 09:17 PM
The only true way to see him the most is on the face book site of ac.

AmazonJoe
10-18-2018, 08:56 PM
Woops my bad I have a pic for next month then ready to go!