PDA

View Full Version : Plz Help!!

SusTaFlex
12-09-2007, 11:55 AM
What should I do if my FH have a sick, like eyes fogs and in his head there was a hole and i dont what was that!! Plz help me..

Thank you..it's help a lot..

tropfish
12-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure about the eye, but a hole in the head is hole in the head disease, its fro mbad water quality. I need you P.H. nitrite, nitrate, ammonia, tank size, tank mates, and filter size.

Lady Hobbs
12-09-2007, 04:28 PM
FH meaning Flowerhorn? I was confused as you posted in the discus thread.

Tropfish is correct. Water conditions need to be improved by more water changes and good foods given to your cichlid.

Pr0eve
12-09-2007, 09:49 PM
The iris (around the pupil) becomes cloudy? your fish could have Gram Negative bacterial infection. Treat the fish with: Amoxicillin -or- Gentamycin.

The entire eye becomes cloudy from the inside out Could be a parasite, i.e., flukes, Check the tank for parasites. If found, treat the entire tank with De-Los. The fish may lose it's eye.

OscarFan
12-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Hole in the head is caused by a lack of nutrition. To cure it raise the temp to about 84 degrees put a broad medicine in like tetracyne. Also some aquarium salt would help. And feed it a wide variety of foods. Thats how I cured my Oscar of Hole in the head. I think Tetracyne also cures some Eye diseases.

tropfish
12-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Nutrition is important, but lack of it is not what's causing this. It's bad water quality. Poor nutrition won't help, but fixing the water quality should be your number one priority at this point.