PDA

View Full Version : Finally been moved to a new job location

mac
09-14-2018, 06:06 AM
Hey everyone,

Finally been shifted to a new job location.
It's been 9 months doing earth quake streagnthing to a historical 160 year old Anglican church nearly a cathedral.

Not a bad job as such. Mainly drilling 7 odd thousand holes 1000mm deep and close to 1,000,000.00 nzd in chemset glue.
All in all would love to do another job like this even bigger.

But the engineer who is doing the drawings. Let's say a few of us where contemplating going halves in a jail term.
That guy was a body with out any brains at all. That or he could not keep to task for longer than five minuets. All that a university degree and 350k salary.

So spring has hit the nights are still coolish. Shorts and tea shirt for me again.
Lows from 0-5 degrees at night.
Highs from 10-20 degrees 50 percent humidity and highest uv leval.

No longer start work in the dark and go home in the dark.
Day light is 6.15am sun set 6.30pm no still getting more sun hours still to come.

New job has been so long coming. Started to feel so soft and weak at the church with out much heavy lifting.

Now I have been busy doing a huge amount of fryline gib board in a new motel.
3.0m by 1.2m 16mm thick 82kg a sheat.
Body is feeling so much better doing some decent honest hard work.

Walk upto the pile pull it up on edge.
Twist the sheet half of the pile. Squat down, one hand on top one underneath.
Lift with your legs and up you go. Walk up the stair well and into the room. Cut to suit lift into place. Man it feels so good to be back to my second most favourite building job. Gib 2nd, using a decent size jack hammer is my number one fun job as a builder.

All we have left now for the year is three more racing days spread out over 3months. And Bubba is set to come early November.

Hopefully it's a weekend birth, to save taking time off work.

I know we get 4 paid weeks of standard holidays.
Plus 1 week paid parental leave for new born ect.

Plan with work is to keep going till December and take most of December and January off to spend with Jay Bubba and moxkie aka mother in law who is over from South African for a few months.

Taurus
09-14-2018, 01:12 PM
And Bubba is set to come early November.

Oh wow, it sounds like congratulations are in order mac, I hope everything goes smoothly.

showmebutterfly
09-14-2018, 01:21 PM
Congrats on the new job! I'm glad you'll be able to take off for family time with the baby.

Slaphppy7
09-14-2018, 02:05 PM
Glad life is getting better for you, Mac.

Get some sleep while you can, Bubba will soon be robbing you of it, lol

angelcraze2
09-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Congrats on the new job and baby coming! So exciting!

sfsamm
09-14-2018, 05:33 PM
Ooo sounds like things are going very well for you! Congrats on Bubba and the new job and I'm happy to hear your winter is rolling off. My weather here is finally out of triple digits and taking its super fast track down to freezing for a few months. Time to order fish! [emoji23]

BluewaterBoof
09-14-2018, 05:42 PM
Love the name :) Bubba (or sometimes Bubz) is our son's nickname haha

RiversGirl
09-14-2018, 07:36 PM
Nice update - I'm happy for you, Mac.

It is really nice that you will get a week of paid leave to nest with your newborn and wife. What a lovely adventure!

mac
09-16-2018, 12:00 AM
Hey everyone,

So saterday ended up being very busy indeed.
Track day took the entire day then the mental issue of driving home became so painfully slow, following the speed limits.

Other than that NZ is heating right up and slowly starting to get a decent sun tan now!
Which will be good cause my mother inlaw is not use to the cold at all from south africa to NZ, so a big bonus for her!
That and the power bills are going down finally. Its such a shame in NZ a fire place no matter how good new and eco friendly costs around $1500-$10k. Then a building consent resource consent is needed which is close to 1k. Then the the cost to fit it, and get it inspected.

That and there is a daily nabour hood watch with fines for smoky chineys as well, for our local greeni enviromental department.

And legally required to own or rent out a home which is warm. But the rentals become a issue cause fire places are the cheapest to run year around to keep warm and have hot water at around $150-$600 for the entire year, vs a none consented 1k - 4k eletric heat pump with the governing bodies requiest and kind force us to all usse, costing around $100-$1000 a month to keep warm, depending on the house type age and condition. HMMMM HMMMM.

4 150w infared panel heater on thermostats keep out house in winter at 18 degrees for around $100 dollars vs the outragoues heat pump cost.

I wonder how long till we in NZ will be fully communistic/ solcist! Not far overly far away I dnt think!

mermaidwannabe
09-19-2018, 02:54 AM
Glad you're enjoying your new job and congrats on the anticipated arrival of the new little one.

Sounds like they're trying to regulate you folks into oblivion over there. Wonder if the kind of accommodations the powers that be make for themselves are any better or any different than those they try to force on everyone else.

Anyway, enjoy your Spring/Summer. Our Fall is in force in this hemisphere, with winter on its way.

mac
09-20-2018, 01:58 AM
Glad you're enjoying your new job and congrats on the anticipated arrival of the new little one.

Sounds like they're trying to regulate you folks into oblivion over there. Wonder if the kind of accommodations the powers that be make for themselves are any better or any different than those they try to force on everyone else.

Anyway, enjoy your Spring/Summer. Our Fall is in force in this hemisphere, with winter on its way.Smoke time currently.
First time in ages I am being paid to sleep.
Once in a while get up lifter some steel talk a little and then nod of again..

Nothing could be better. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180920/821ff8e0d0d0f37bab2e00e4f2928e76.jpg

RiversGirl
09-20-2018, 02:13 PM
That looks like a delightful area to go on a little hike. Seeing your photo makes my feet long for that crunch under my boots!

Taurus
09-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Our Fall is in force in this hemisphere, with winter on its way.

And it feels so good!

mac, that almost looks like clearing for a new roadway or a very shallow creek bed?

mac
09-21-2018, 03:58 AM
This image is taken about 800m up from where I was snoozing.

No roads being built just a river bed around 1km wide.

We a adding new piles to a railway bridge. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180921/028e13998cfac2d71f5d53cb67ad3e46.jpg

mac
09-21-2018, 08:42 AM
Here is another view about 20kms up stream. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180921/eb31d1b539a10965555c2d3de0403c33.jpg

Taurus
09-21-2018, 01:21 PM
mac, those pictures above ^ are just breath taking. Thanks for posting them.

We are approaching foliage season here in New England and I'll post some pics taken around here when it peaks.

mac
09-21-2018, 08:18 PM
mac, those pictures above ^ are just breath taking. Thanks for posting them.

We are approaching foliage season here in New England and I'll post some pics taken around here when it peaks.No problem.

What we should do now is a video on everyone pronouncing the names of the rivers.

Taurus
09-21-2018, 09:07 PM
What we should do now is a video on everyone pronouncing the names of the rivers.

You would be the expert on that in your area.

mac
09-21-2018, 10:38 PM
You would be the expert on that in your area.Yes but then I can judge it am give the final pronunciation.

Slaphppy7
09-22-2018, 01:47 AM
TEEN guh WHY

OH pee

mac
09-22-2018, 03:19 AM
Ten nah a why.
Say very fast.

Opihi

O pee hee

DoubleDutch
09-22-2018, 07:14 AM