PDA

View Full Version : sick discus

jeff8428
12-09-2007, 03:44 AM
I have recently moved my discus from a 55 to a 90 gallon tank. I had 6 discuss in my 55 and moved them to my new tank. Tank has cycled with 4 mollies for about 2 months and everything is fine PH nitrates etc. everything perfect. I moved everything from my 55 to the 90, plants driftwood etc ( did add some new plants) . Since doing this 2 of my discus have died. One was a small runt one that I couldn't believe lived as long as it did, but yesterday my largest one was dead when I came home. Of the 4 left 3 don't seem to be eating and act like they are scared to death. One seems perfectly fine. Eating like crazy swimming around everywhere. I wasn't really worried until the large one was dead. He had seemed scared and would not come out of hiding since placed in the new tank. Scared I am going to lose the other 3. Have tried feeding everything bloodworms, beefheart, brine shrimp, Same stuff they have always ate. Nothing seems wrong physically look fine ( no difference in color }. The 2 blue ones seem dark sometimes but they have always done that. Would appreciate any help you can give. Only other fish in tank are 4 mollies I used for cycling. Can't figure out why 1 seems so good and the others seem so bad. Forgot to add moved them 2 weeks ago, Doubled filtration from before Ammonia 0, ph around 7 Nitrates 0

Drumachine09
12-09-2007, 03:45 AM
What are your nitrItes?

jeff8428
12-09-2007, 04:04 AM
sorry nitrites are also 0

Pr0eve
12-09-2007, 09:02 PM
are they maybe over stressed from the move?