PDA

View Full Version : Windolev java fern not doing so well

BBJ
08-25-2018, 09:32 PM
Hi everyone. I recently got a few windolev java ferns for my 10-gallon aquarium. They were shipped a long way, and are now turning brown and dying off. My other java ferns are fine- looking very good, actually. The tank is a bare-bottom, non-fertilized tank. It has a lot of bio-load for it's size. I even have dwarf hairgrass in there and it's shooting up new growth like crazy. How can I stop my java ferns from browning/eventually dying?

Thank you.

Slaphppy7
08-25-2018, 09:56 PM
Hairgrass in a bare-bottom tank?

Can you post a pic?

Nautilus291
08-25-2018, 11:02 PM
Hi everyone. I recently got a few windolev java ferns for my 10-gallon aquarium. They were shipped a long way, and are now turning brown and dying off. My other java ferns are fine- looking very good, actually. The tank is a bare-bottom, non-fertilized tank. It has a lot of bio-load for it's size. I even have dwarf hairgrass in there and it's shooting up new growth like crazy. How can I stop my java ferns from browning/eventually dying?

Thank you.

I have some in my tank that has been in there for around a month. So far I haven't seen any new growth, and I had to cut a leaf or two from browning. I've read that it takes a little bit to get established, so I'm going to wait it out and see if it takes off. Maybe the same can be said about yours especially if it was shipped in the heat. Do you know if it was grown fully submerged? It could be shedding its leaves that were grown out of water.

BBJ
08-26-2018, 02:37 AM
Well the hairgrass is potted. I can probably post some pictures tomorrow. Thank you for your help!