PDA

View Full Version : My Markomoreb crayfish finally laid eggs!

BBJ
08-23-2018, 11:37 PM
Hi everyone. I have two markomoreb crayfishes, Speckles and Cray, and Speckles just laid a clutch of eggs! The eggs are reddish and tucked under his/her tail. Markomorebs are a very peaceful species, but is there anything else I can do to ensure the baby crayfish's survival? Thank you.

BluewaterBoof
08-24-2018, 01:28 AM
Include photos! :hmm3grin2orange: We are all obsessed hobbyists here haha

bpete
08-24-2018, 02:00 PM
that is pretty neat. unfortunately I don't know much about them to give advice on raising them up.

BBJ
08-25-2018, 08:02 PM
Here is a picture. 56202

All of the stringy/scratchy stuff is dried, dead duckweed on the underside of the viewing cup.

BBJ
09-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Okay, I just checked my crayfish tank and now both females have eggs!

angelcraze2
09-05-2018, 02:18 AM
Congrats! That's really cool! Wish I had some info for you.

Do you have a pic of the whole crayfish?

Boundava
09-05-2018, 05:21 PM
That is neat, my sister's friend had a female that laid eggs multiple times and then ate them! Hope you can get your girls to produce baby crays.

BBJ
09-09-2018, 09:05 PM
So, some very disappointing events happened these past few days; first, one of my pregnant crayfish (dominant) has defective eggs that aren't going to hatch.I wasn't worried, since it's her first brood and mistakes happen. But next when I check my other markomoreb crayfish (submissive), something is wrong. All but one of her antennae are missing! Only some little stubs remain. She was really stressed. I took her out and she's now in a tiny hospital cup. She lays on her side all day (or on her back) and appears almost paralyzed. She does fan the eggs regularly and will eat veggie wafers, and sometimes will move her claws or mouthparts. What could be wrong? My parameters are ? because I only have a defective PH test kit due to not having proper aquatic fish care information. I bought my first fish from petco when I was 6. I have a master test kit coming in the mail. I don't think it's anything with the water chemistry because the other crayfish, in the original tank, seems completely fine. I think it's bullying. One crayfish has been picking on the other ever since I got them. What can I do for the injured crayfish?