The winner for July POTM
thumbs2:

is mac

Runner's up

is BluewaterBoof

is Amazonjoe

mac
07-25-2018, 06:00 AM
Slappy can you please add the award to me for me please.
Feels wrong to add it to my self.

gadget228
07-25-2018, 09:37 AM
Congrats to you all... :ssmile:

bpete
07-25-2018, 10:58 AM
way to go. all of the photos were great and it was hard to decide what one to vote for.

Slaphppy7
07-25-2018, 12:05 PM
Slappy can you please add the award to me for me please.

Done, congrats!

Slaphppy7
07-25-2018, 12:05 PM
Great pics guys, well done.

Boundava
07-25-2018, 12:37 PM
Congrats Mac, boof and Joe. Great pics all around. :partyblower:

Silbar
07-25-2018, 12:39 PM
Congrats to Mac for winning and also to Joe and Boof for their tie of second place. All of the pics were great and I loved the variety. It was a difficult decision this time.

showmebutterfly
07-25-2018, 01:31 PM
Congrats y'all!

angelcraze2
07-25-2018, 04:40 PM
Congrats all of you! Such awesome pics to choose from this time.
BluewaterBoof Is that a rock with eyes? hahaha.

BluewaterBoof
07-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Congrats! Lots of pretty photos! That Mac won was not a big surprise to me haha Anyone who follows his YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBDDmTcrfmxRp4Q7cqgjywQ) knows he's got tons of beautiful setups.

Congrats all of you! Such awesome pics to choose from this time.
BluewaterBoof Is that a rock with eyes? hahaha.

Ha! He is a character! There was a period of two or three days in which he sat right in the front of the tank, about an 1/4" from the glass. I would give him a pellet and he would scurry off to the rockwork for the remainder of the evening. I'd come home from work the next day and he'd be right back there in the same spot. Gave me a ton of opportunities for macro shots :)

https://youtu.be/X_fGyyykxls

angelcraze2
07-25-2018, 05:53 PM
Oh he's a crab! Lol, I really didn't know! That's cool he learned where to beg for a pellet. So cute!

discusluv
07-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Congrats! This was one of my favorite pictures yet in all the contests we have had that I have participated in voting in. It really was a great photo :)

BluewaterBoof
07-25-2018, 06:33 PM
Oh he's a crab! Lol, I really didn't know! That's cool he learned where to beg for a pellet. So cute!

Hahahahahaha You didn't know that it was a crab?? That's pretty funny but I can see how it would be a bit confusing for someone who isn't familiar with them :)

He's a funny little creature. Him and his wife, Esmeralda, will play tug-o-war with me and the pellets. Surprisingly strong for such tiny creatures. They'll grip onto the rockwork so hard that I could lift up a corner if I pulled hard enough.

angelcraze2
07-25-2018, 06:45 PM
(blush) I should have known, but being honest.

Really cool. I love smart interactive sea creatures :)(

RiversGirl
07-25-2018, 08:04 PM
Congrats to all 3 of you!

mermaidwannabe
07-26-2018, 02:32 AM
Is anyone else having trouble getting that video of the emerald crab to play?

I've tried several times, and each time that annoying white buffering wheel keeps spinning around and around for six minutes or longer (I've timed it precisely), and it never begins playing. The video is only supposed to be twenty seconds long. I'd love to be able to view it, but I'm not going to sit here and watch that wheel all night.

Anyway, great photos. You all have done a wonderful job.

mac
07-26-2018, 05:16 AM
Instant load for me on the video.

RiversGirl
07-26-2018, 03:14 PM
It played without issue for me too. I'm sorry that you are experiencing difficulties, mermaid.

mermaidwannabe
07-26-2018, 10:44 PM
I tried again a few minutes ago, and waited a full nine minutes with that wheel spinning endlessly, and still no load. I'm going over to YouTube to see if I can watch any videos over there, or if the problem is just with this one. If I can't get any videos to load, I'll be putting in a call to HughesNet and/or to my tech to see if we can figure out what's wrong. I've had no trouble in the recent past seeing videos, so something is amiss ...

First, though, I'll try to resolve this by restarting the computer or even doing a hard reboot ... A few days ago, my modem stopped communicating with the satellite dish, and I had to hard reboot to get it going again. I've also noticed, with our TV, that we've been temporarily losing our signal from time to time during these last few days -- may be solar flares or sun spots? It has been very hot and humid lately, but that shouldn't matter. People can get good satellite reception in the sweltering desert.

RiversGirl
07-26-2018, 11:14 PM
Hope you can get this trouble resolved very soon. It sounds quite frustrating. Best wishes as you narrow this down.

BluewaterBoof
07-27-2018, 12:08 AM
I tried again a few minutes ago, and waited a full nine minutes with that wheel spinning endlessly, and still no load. I'm going over to YouTube to see if I can watch any videos over there, or if the problem is just with this one. If I can't get any videos to load, I'll be putting in a call to HughesNet and/or to my tech to see if we can figure out what's wrong. I've had no trouble in the recent past seeing videos, so something is amiss ...

First, though, I'll try to resolve this by restarting the computer or even doing a hard reboot ... A few days ago, my modem stopped communicating with the satellite dish, and I had to hard reboot to get it going again. I've also noticed, with our TV, that we've been temporarily losing our signal from time to time during these last few days -- may be solar flares or sun spots? It has been very hot and humid lately, but that shouldn't matter. People can get good satellite reception in the sweltering desert.

Sorry about all this! I’ve had random issues with YouTube vids on occasion over the years, as well, so I know how frustrating it can be.

See if you can pull up my YouTube channel and watch the vids through the main YT website. Search BluewaterBoof and my channel should come up for you.

I have to be honest that the vid isn’t amazing or anything. I feel bad like you’re going to finally get it to work and be like “what??! I’ve been trying to get this to work all this time and THIS IS ALL THERE IS??????” Hahaha

Slaphppy7
07-27-2018, 12:15 AM
Vid works fine for me.

Maybe Boof can get another vid of the crab, and post on his journal, at this time better to close this thread, since it is POTM and winners have been announced.