PDA

View Full Version : POTM Submisson's Open

mac
07-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Hey my AC Friends,
:22:

Photo of the Month is now open for submission! Closing midnight 14th July 2018.
Memory refresher for everyone, The POTM is a Fish/Hobby related pictures only. Fish, Invertebrates, Aquatic Plants, Corals or other aquatic creatures.
Your entry must be a photo taken by you.
Please read the rules here (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=83736)! (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=83736)

You cannot submit a link to a photo on a image hosting website, when sending the photo.
They are to be sized according to the rules on photo sizing found here! (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=98080)

Also please make sure to orientate your image correctly. If its
not orinetated correctly they will not be uploaded for the compition!

Submissions sent to mail to potm@aquaticcommunity.com

Please add user name to the email. This is needed for the awards!
Failure to add a user name to email will result in forfiture of awards and next in line to get first place!

Thank you every one,

mac

BluewaterBoof
07-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Mac you better enter something this month!

The others can chime in here if they disagree but I feel that it isn't a conflict on interest for you to submit your own work as all the entries are anonymous and voted on by the community. We also get to see the vote count in real-time so we all pretty much know which entry is winning at any given time, anyway. That alone is enough to ensure the integrity of the contest.

Just because you know who is entering what doesn't mean that you influence how the rest of us are voting. I know you have amazing setups and I feel that having shots from them included in the monthly contests will just add to the rich selection of images we get to vote on each month.

Just my $0.02 :oldtimer:

angelcraze2
07-03-2018, 10:58 PM
I agree 100% with André. It actually occurred to me the other day when I read your journal. I see no conflict of interest and would love to see your pictures included in POTM.

mac
07-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Hmmmm maybe maybe maybe.

Hockey nut
07-06-2018, 01:47 AM
The only way it could be a conflict of interest would be 1, you were a darn right a-hole, which you are not, 2 if there was $$ involved, which there is not and 3 it's done by vore/pole, kinda hard to manipulate the numbers in a poll that isn't done by someone political.

Hockey nut
07-06-2018, 01:58 AM
Mac you better enter something this month!

The others can chime in here if they disagree but I feel that it isn't a conflict on interest for you to submit your own work as all the entries are anonymous.

They are anonymous but; anytime you have submitted a pic, not including your SW I have a high % of guessing what pick was yours. Same way with Kat & Joe.

BluewaterBoof
07-06-2018, 04:12 PM
True, and that has been brought up in the past that some members have tanks that are easily-recognizable. It's hard for those of us who follow each other's journals to not recognize certain setups/styles/animals. I just mean for the most part, especially for the members who don't spend a lot of time in the journal sections, the entries are anonymous and fair. Every winner I've seen has deserved the win because they submitted pretty awesome photos. I haven't really seen folks just pick certain entries just because they know who the poster was, regardless of the photo.

bpete
07-06-2018, 04:22 PM
from what i know so far of this community here most will be fair regardless of knowing who submitted what. Just saying I think it is ran very fair. like bluewater said the winners have all been awesome photos.

RiversGirl
07-06-2018, 04:28 PM
Every winner I've seen has deserved the win because they submitted pretty awesome photos. I haven't really seen folks just pick certain entries just because they know who the poster was, regardless of the photo.

Agree. It is my opinion that the folks who participate in the contest do so with integrity. Respecting the integrity of this contest is honoring the most interesting/beautiful/coolest photo, in the voter's own opinion. Who would wish to cast a vote otherwise?

It is a fun contest, and seeing great photos is a delightful treat! I personally appreciate all of the work that goes toward this contest. Admin work, contestant entry work, all of it.

angelcraze2
07-06-2018, 05:11 PM
They are anonymous but; anytime you have submitted a pic, not including your SW I have a high % of guessing what pick was yours. Same way with Kat & Joe.

Haha, hey! Same with Ken's. Who else has that epic botanical litter bed?

I personally don't look at the pics and try to guess who entered them. Although some are obvious when you read a lot of journals, it's still the pic that makes the vote. It could be quality, it could be content, there's many factors that make up a vote.

I also really love to look at member's photos, I appreciate this contest and all the work that goes into it.

bpete
07-06-2018, 07:05 PM
yes quality and content, I also enjoy seeing photos that really show off a species personality or something unique. looking forward to seeing the entries this month.

Silbar
07-14-2018, 07:01 PM
Last day to submit your pics!