PDA

View Full Version : Mean Mollie

gwenkat
08-10-2006, 01:12 AM
I have a 10 gallon tank and we have 4 guppies, 1 mollie, 1 dojo loach and lots of snails. My Mollie is down right mean. :evil: She chases the guppies around all the time. I think it is because she is the only mollie. Do I have room in the tank to add another mollie, and if I did would it cut down on her harrassing the guppies? I plan on upgrading my tank soon to a 29 gallon. I am going to keep 6 guppies, 2 dwarf gouramis my loach, and 6 danios. If I keep the mollie and wanted to get more, how many should I get to keep them happy and peaceful? Thank you for your advice.

William
08-10-2006, 06:50 AM
You could get another mollie but that doesn't garantee that it becomes nicer. mollies can be somewhat mean.

shawn
08-10-2006, 11:25 AM
You could get another mollie but that doesn't garantee that it becomes nicer. mollies can be somewhat mean.

shawn
08-10-2006, 11:28 AM
You could get another mollie but that doesn't garantee that it becomes nicer. mollies can be somewhat mean.Mollies are really aggresive. Adding one or two more might help.But if might not. (ara) (ray) (aro) P.S SORRY FOR THE FISH SMILES JUST LOVE THEM!!

Lady Hobbs
09-20-2006, 12:02 AM
I got rid of my Mollies just for that reason. They would terrorise another male and keep him trapped in the corner hiding but he was equally aggressive with the females and wouldn't give them a moments peace.

Ivana
11-13-2006, 05:06 AM
This is a way out of date thread, but I wanted to throw in my story.
Once upon a time, I had a 40 long tank. I had a betta, a pleco, a red velvet mollie, and a few others that I can't remember. (This was something like 10 years ago.) Anyway, the fish started to disappear, one at a time. Every morning, one less fish. I was thinking they might have jumped, but there were no bodies. Maybe the cat got them? A night of enclosing the cat proved that theory wrong. Then I thought maybe the betta was getting them, but I came home one day to find nothing left of the betta but the head. Whatever it was, it even ATE THE PLECO. Have you ever seen a pleco skeleton? They're like little armored dinosaurs. Whatever it was, it was ballsy enough and mean enough to take on a 6 inch pleco.

I was so frustrated and curious at that point, that I just let it go, and figured that the last man standing was the culprit. Sure enough, there could be only one. And it was a mollie. A tiny, little, female red velvet mollie. I was gobsmacked. So that mollie had the 40 gallon tank all to her lonesome for another two years, until she passed on.

jeffs99dime
11-13-2006, 05:50 AM
that's one crazy mollie!

Glasstapper
11-13-2006, 06:20 AM
wow. and that is just one more reason why I'm glad I never ventured into the world of owning mollies.

Parchisi2004
11-28-2006, 05:32 AM
rofl! wow I've never had that happen before to me and I've owned mollies plenty of times ^^