PDA

View Full Version : Keep or remove

William
04-28-2018, 02:09 AM
Time for you guys to give me your input again.

Should we keep or remove the review section found here http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/review/

No one really seem to use it? Last new post seems to be October 31, 2015.

RiversGirl
04-28-2018, 03:36 AM
This is a little embarrassing to admit, but I don't believe I've ever seen this section before.

angelcraze2
04-28-2018, 03:53 AM
I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't seen a lot of these sections (blush). I actually think this is a good idea if only ppl used it! Reviews can be very helpful especially coming from a fellow hobbyist. BUT.....if it's not used....

SueD
04-28-2018, 03:54 AM
I've never been into that section either. It seems people will just ask for opinions on specific equipment within the regular forum categories.

William
04-28-2018, 03:59 AM
I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't seen a lot of these sections (blush). I actually think this is a good idea if only ppl used it! Reviews can be very helpful especially coming from a fellow hobbyist. BUT.....if it's not used....

I agree that it could be good as well. But right now i am trying to trim as much old fat as possible with the option of creating better versions of it in the future. Trying to update some of these old scripts to something more modern is a nightmare and nothing i want to spend time on.

angelcraze2
04-28-2018, 05:47 AM
Ok np. Delete! A possible better version in the future sounds nice :) Agreed, updated would be better. Thanks for all your hard work!

Riyadh
04-28-2018, 07:18 AM
Ok, of thats the case, then remove it. We can always add new ones. Or forum topics around equipment

Slaphppy7
04-28-2018, 02:00 PM
I could do without it, I vote to delete.

Boundava
04-28-2018, 02:55 PM
I like the idea of deleting the old one with the possibility of having one in the future to start fresh with. I have seen the section and I actually have reviewed a couple items but not many other people have seen or accessed this area which is why I stopped using it.

mermaidwannabe
04-28-2018, 03:21 PM
I've reviewed a couple of items there, too, and have read some of the other reviews. However, I don't go there often, and I can find plenty of input on products and/or services in the regular forums. Many of those reviews are very, very old, and I suspect some of those products are no longer available in the marketplace.

It can go.

Riyadh
04-28-2018, 06:19 PM
I selected no by mistake:doh::doh:

William
04-28-2018, 07:12 PM
I selected no by mistake:doh::doh:

Ok. I will disregard your no.

Seems like everyone is in support of removing it. I will try to introduce a better section later on.

William
04-29-2018, 04:00 AM
It is gone

RiversGirl
04-29-2018, 12:34 PM
I agree that it could be good as well. But right now i am trying to trim as much old fat as possible with the option of creating better versions of it in the future. Trying to update some of these old scripts to something more modern is a nightmare and nothing i want to spend time on.

Both ideas here are terrific. If you are able to set up a new version of the review section in the future, that's great.

Trimming any other sections completely, instead of undergoing labor-intensive updates, is quite beneficial, all the way around. Streamlined makes for a nice look.

This site is a treasure trove of resource and your work to keep it modern is appreciated.

Riyadh
04-29-2018, 02:13 PM
Both ideas here are terrific. If you are able to set up a new version of the review section in the future, that's great.

Trimming any other sections completely, instead of undergoing labor-intensive updates, is quite beneficial, all the way around. Streamlined makes for a nice look.

This site is a treasure trove of resource and your work to keep it modern is appreciated.

Told my wife earlier this is Wikipedia for fish keeping

William
04-29-2018, 11:49 PM

Told my wife earlier this is Wikipedia for fish keeping

Thanks for the kind words.