PDA

View Full Version : Koi Angels

AmazonJoe
04-26-2018, 09:04 PM
So I have one pair at work spawning regularly but now its looking like my other pair is starting to get in on the action :P

https://youtu.be/auFC2dMivvw

angelcraze2
04-26-2018, 09:49 PM
Congrats, it's so nice to see two pairs side by side :) Do you have a sight blocker between the tanks? I didn't have a blocker and the angelfish could see eachother. They would somewhat defend eggs/babies from the other pair. When I set the breeder tanks up next time, I'll add a blocker because I'm not sure being able to see the other pairs encouraged or discouraged parental behavior.

AmazonJoe
04-26-2018, 10:03 PM
Congrats, it's so nice to see two pairs side by side :) Do you have a sight blocker between the tanks? I didn't have a blocker and the angelfish could see eachother. They would somewhat defend eggs/babies from the other pair. When I set the breeder tanks up next time, I'll add a blocker because I'm not sure being able to see the other pairs encouraged or discouraged parental behavior.

nope no divider, I pull eggs and hatch artificially any ways.

Hopefully in the future we will expand the angel fish breeding program and I'll have a ton of pairs all lined up that will be epic!!

angelcraze2
04-27-2018, 03:34 PM
That WOULD be!

Well, any thoughts on a blocker? Do you think being able to see the other pair matters? Maybe it's better?

drjallen3
04-28-2018, 02:53 AM
That WOULD be!

Well, any thoughts on a blocker? Do you think being able to see the other pair matters? Maybe it's better?I'm instacycling a 10 gallon tank to put mt 2 koi Angels in st the other 2 males will leave them alone. The 2 koi have been ready to breed for a couple of weeks, but won't do it because the other 2 males are wanting to breed too. I've bred Angles in a 10 gallon tank before. I was sucessful in raising 75 fry to tjee size of a nickel before trading them to a local pet store for a couple of small Discus.

angelcraze2
04-28-2018, 05:45 AM
I meant separate tanks but able to see each other. My angel pairs can't get at eachother, but they would protect thru the glass. I wonder if seeing the other pair lay eggs does anything to encourage or discourage them from breeding themselves?

AmazonJoe
04-28-2018, 01:34 PM
That WOULD be!

Well, any thoughts on a blocker? Do you think being able to see the other pair matters? Maybe it's better?

I haven't seen them paying much attention to each other like say apistos/rams setup side by side. I have dividers for them but the angels spawn so often I didn't really think of it, but I should throw a divider between em its easy enough.

Then we can see any difference it might make :)

AmazonJoe
04-28-2018, 01:37 PM
I've found angels and discus are so similar they had to have split from a single species at some point

drjallen3
04-28-2018, 02:39 PM
I meant separate tanks but able to see each other. My angel pairs can't get at eachother, but they would protect thru the glass. I wonder if seeing the other pair lay eggs does anything to encourage or discourage them from breeding themselves?It's just easier for me to let them spawn in another tank. I don't know much about the seeing each other spawn, but I do know that fish do release pheromones into the water.

angelcraze2
04-28-2018, 02:54 PM
I've found angels and discus are so similar they had to have split from a single species at some point

It's very cool you are able to work with both to compare. I appreciate your observations :)

AmazonJoe
04-28-2018, 07:02 PM
Yea just my :twocents: lol :P

AmazonJoe
07-27-2018, 10:51 PM
https://youtu.be/mY5Wa29ZzQg

BluewaterBoof
07-27-2018, 11:05 PM
Wooooow!!!

RiversGirl
07-28-2018, 03:48 AM
So pretty!