PDA

View Full Version : It is not always nessesary to kill a sick fish.

MagickFish
08-09-2006, 05:59 PM
I had a nice play boy once, or girl perhaps, and then I got some fungus in my tank, lucky no fish was afected but this red platy, it ate his lips away, it was horrible. But I dropped some fungues killer thingy in the wather and the infection cleared up, and no other fish got sich, but then the question was, what to do whit the ingured fish. All I asked said kill it, tat would be most humane. But I could not so I waited. For a few days the fish looked sick and was away from the rest of the fish, then he begun swimming around, and he found a way to eat, he wuld swim so that sma flakes of food came into his moth, as he had no lips to capture the food whit, he prefered baby food, so I fed him that. He swam around, mated, made little orange red babies and was a happy little fish and lived for another year.

I mean it would have been wrong to just kill him, we dont kill pepole that catch a disability, but whit animals we are so quik to say they would be better of dead. ut that is not so. An animal can be less than 100 percent and still be happy, and if one observ the animal one will now if they are happy or not. And this platy, he ate, and play and made baby fish I say he was happy. He was a groteskly ugly fish yes, but he had a good life the last year he lived and it would be wrong to rob him of that, even f he had no lips.

Another time I had a goodfish that ate a smaler fish and got constupated or somthing, he floated around whit his belly up for several houers, and an aquarium veteran in my class said, kill him. But I could not drop Goldie in boiling wather so I waited, and after a few houers he vomited up the undigjestet little fish and was fine. I would say, dont kill sick pets before it is absolutly nessesary to do so.

William
08-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Of course. Many more fish could survive if one tried till the end.

MagickFish
08-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Ofcourse if the fish was obiously suffering and not enyoying life and that did not stop, that is one thing, but many want to kill them for every little flaw. It is so whit other pets to. For exmaple, many dogs do exelent on 3 legs, though many means they should be killed, I think one can not generaly say, here there is no hope, here one should kill the anmal, whitout seeing it, an animal that eats, and is atentive do like to live, even if hurt.