PDA

View Full Version : I wondered if anyone knew what this meant

marc4
01-30-2018, 07:41 AM
I just set up an account with Live Fish Direct and was trying to use their contact page. Every time I try to send the message, I get an error incorrect CAPTCHA

Does anyone deal with them and know what that is about?

Thanks,
marc4

Slaphppy7
01-30-2018, 01:09 PM
"CAPTCHA" is that box where you enter a code so that the program knows you are human, to avoid spam and such

You usually can reset the code word they give you until you get it right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA

marc4
01-30-2018, 11:57 PM
Thanks Slaphppy. I'll try again and keep on.

marc4

Slaphppy7
01-31-2018, 01:47 AM
Welcome, call me Matt like all of my friends here do

mermaidwannabe
04-01-2018, 02:17 AM
Yeah, captchas are a pain. Half the time, I can't read them, the letters and/or numbers are so distorted, or the font is unreadable. Good thing you can reset them until something legible comes up. Sometimes they'll have a grid with pictures in it, and they'll tell you to click on all the pictures that contain cars or some other item, and if you do that correctly, they let you pass. Some of them can be tricky, most are straightforward. I hate the captchas that tell you to solve an arithmetic problem, and even though you know the answer is right, they still say it's wrong, or else they word the instructions so it's hard to understand what they want you to do. Those are the tricky ones. It's almost as though they don't want you to access their site. I encountered one like that, awhile ago.