PDA

View Full Version : Move whit aquarium.

MagickFish
08-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Ok we have been evicted from our apartment, :cry: the new landlord want to rest out to a fried of the family. Luckyly this happend before I added the fish to my aquarium, so I dont have them to worry aboute, but I must empty the tank to transport it. I was wondering, is it possible to add the wather to a large pucet and reuse it to not have to wait another 2 weeks before i can get fish?

My fiance sugjested, since we are not going far and the aquarium is tiny, to slide it onto a wooden plate and sit whit it in ones lap to the new place to live, can this be done or do it ahve to be emptied out?

rollie
08-09-2006, 09:51 AM
i had many a time , move up to a 10 gallon tank with a water and fish still in it.
put a piece of plactic over the top, to keep the water in
and drive slow. a 10 gallon tank will weight approx 100 pounds. it is possible to break your tank, doing it this way.
or you could get a few clean 5 gallon buckets, and move the water that way
it would be better to do it this way.

William
08-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Rollie is right. I also want to add that keeping about 40% of the water is enough if you reuse the gravel etc as well (and keep the gravel wet)

Nice to see you around more again Rollie

MagickFish
08-09-2006, 03:38 PM
The Aquarium is only 19 liters. Thank you for the information. How long should I waith when the aqurium have been moved before I had fish?

rollie
08-09-2006, 05:50 PM
put stress coat in and get some fish. give it a day for everything to settle from the move. then get fish
cause you using the same water.