PDA

View Full Version : Cory ID and Cory getting frisky

Pariss
12-15-2017, 10:47 PM
Any idea which this could be? C. Agassizii or C. Ambiacus? Or something else. They were mislabelled as C. Punctatus. Went back to fish store to get more, but there were none. Really hoping more pop up, but unsure since they were just mislabelled. I only have two, and they're both chicks.

And for the frisky, yesterday my Bronze aeneus male was all overrrr my albino Aeneus Jen. She was running away all morning. You could tell he was in the mood, his swimming was different, like quick and fidgety. He ate the eggs on the glass, but there are still some on this rock. They are duds? Most are clear outer, but a white spot in the middle. One of them is mostly all clear with maybe something in the center. They are a day old.

steeler58
12-16-2017, 04:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that's a C. Agassizii.

Pariss
12-16-2017, 04:27 AM
I'm pretty sure that's a C. Agassizii.

What made you choose that one over the other? I keep looking at planet catfish, and some of the same species look different. Like some agassizii have the black spot on the dorsal fin and some don't. Out of my two one has a slightly darker area above the eyes, but not a solid spot. Both have black on their dorsal fin that leaks a little onto their back. Some of the ambiacus look like them, but then the others look way different. Some body spots are very dense and close together, while others are spread out. It makes it all so confusing.

steeler58
12-16-2017, 04:35 AM
I was going by the blacker dorsal fin in the one you pictured.