PDA

View Full Version : Well here goes nothing

Koldham
11-11-2017, 01:56 AM
So I just have this in a breeding box that was kicking around, I plan on putting a grow light over it, hope that I don't get a bunch of algae growth in my tank. I do have baby plecos in there so might not need to feed them if that happens. lol I ordered the expanded clay balls to fill it as I used my bio balls in the back of a filter. I told you guys I would keep you updated so I will try to do that. Please let me know if I need to do anything different, I just looked online to see if a cutting would work, they only had basil but I have rosemary and basil. Thanks

Sorry the photo is so big and I was not to careful about the background. :(

RiversGirl
11-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Glad to see you've taken up this project. I'll be following, for sure.

I saw an article you might find interesting. There is a link at the bottom of this article that speaks to the basil portion of your project as well.
http://growingthehomegarden.com/2010/05/propagating-rosemary-in-water-herbs.html

Koldham
12-06-2017, 03:46 AM
Okay so my rosemary has roots now so I guess that it worked as far as it is possible. It was kind of a pain because I could not close the tank. I have started a new system with a barrel and can't wait to get it cycled and growing. :)