PDA

View Full Version : Sick Clowns?

Lordkontie
08-08-2006, 06:08 PM
The clown loach have been acting strange lately, when they swim around the have started to swim sideways very fast then go down and hit the gravel kinda hard it. Is this an early stage of Ick? From what I can see they dont have any white spots buts its rather hard to get a real good look at all of them, only one will stay out of their hiding place when I get close to the tank. The most I've seen out at one time was 5 but they all are doing this kind of behavior. The only thing I can think of to be the cause would be 1. the dalmation mollys I got had brown spots on them and could be contagious. or 2. All 6 of them hide in this piece of coral which is kinda small and it doesnt look like its getting very much circulation of new water. Please any info or advice would be apriciated
-Thx :)

William
08-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Sounds like it might just be that they are fooling around as long as you don't se any signs of disease.

How does the brown spots on the mollies look like. Does it look like fungus?

Lordkontie
08-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Ive never seen fungus on a fish before but it does look like it on the one who has it the worst the others have very small spots. its like a light brown spot with darker brown speckles in the middle of it

William
08-09-2006, 01:26 AM
If it looks like fungus it's likely fungus. I recommend that you get an antifungal med at your lfs.

Lordkontie
08-09-2006, 10:05 PM
ah ok. Thanks for the advice william. I'll have to pick some up