PDA

View Full Version : He jumped

Incredulous_Ed
12-04-2007, 08:04 PM
So last night I was having a nice dream where I was rich and didn't have to worry about financial problems and all that fun stuff when I kept hearing Something banging on plastic. So I got up and looked at my 20 gallon long and the cheapo plastic cover was slightly moved out of place and the convict was laying on top of it, looking very beat up. So I out him back in the tank and he looked dead, but eventually he started breathing. He was floating around the tank like a fish looks when they are about to die. I woke the next morning and there he was, swimming as normal as ever, being as big of a jerk as he always is, hardly even a scratch on him. His fins do look somewhat scratched up though, should I treat it with medication?

Azear
12-04-2007, 08:23 PM
treating scratched fins ? I'd say Melafix ?... worked great when I had fin problem on my Guppy... maybee it could work ? :S

gem
12-04-2007, 08:30 PM
I would go with Melafix as well. I had my male con leap out of a totally covered tank except where the HOB filter was. Unfortunately, I didn't find him alive. He was under the tank stand on the floor like a crispy critter. : (

cichlid22c
12-04-2007, 10:09 PM
i had a :4: :4: jewel cichlid jump out or my little girl went fishing im not sure. my wife found him and put in an emty bowl to show me when i got home from work.she turned her back and he was gone again she thought the dog ate him.i came home she told me about it .i yelled at her for not putting him back in the water .then i started looking around and here jumped out of bowl between the counter ond stove and under the stove .he was probally out of the water for 45-60 min when i found him i ran water on him to rinse the dirt off him and he flinched. so then put him in baby net under very fine bubbles put melafix and water conditor in tank that helped his slime coat.that was about 9 month ago and he is fine :4:

kkevvy
12-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Fish will do that to you: you think they might be dead but then bam, they're back to life.

Me and my friend were fishing a small stream for some native trout up and Maine, we each caught one, and we were walking back to our camp to cook em up... about 4 miles away. In the summer. Hot, basically. 45 minutes later, our fish thoroughly dead but still on our lines, we dipped them back in the current. After they became less crinkly, so to speak, they started to swim again! they were perfectely fine! Stories like this don't surprise me but they are astonishing!

TowBoater
12-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Wow, that makes me feel better when mine jump out of my net knowing they probably won't die.

Hailey
12-05-2007, 06:53 AM
wow, good thing you found him! that could have been bad lol