PDA

View Full Version : did he over eat?

TowBoater
12-04-2007, 03:37 AM
My oscar today after feeding acted like he had a stomach ache, he went and layed sideways on the bottom of the tank and he wasn't acting as hungry as usual and didn't eat as much but I gave him a few treat today, was he just full? I added stress coat and aquarium salt to be sure, he was acting fine today and was begging like crazy. I ain't going to feed tomorrow hopping he will clean out and get an appetite again.

cocoa_pleco
12-04-2007, 04:05 AM
ive heard of them doing that after water changes but never after eating, ive never seen mine do that

Lady Hobbs
12-04-2007, 04:12 AM
He may have liked to have the couch, a pillow and the remote control after his big meal. :)

But withholding food for a day once a week is what a lot of people do. Sounds like a good plan to me.

cgcomeaux
01-03-2008, 07:00 AM
mine does this alot. I feed him a home made recipe with all sorts of vegatables and beef heart and other meats blended together and frozen. I give him this 3 times a week with bio- gold and brine shrimp ect.... other days, he loves that home made recipe so much he gets a large peice and then just sits on the bottom and digest it there.

Tooch
01-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Sometimes after eating my oscar kinda lists to one side. I've often read that an Oscar will lay on it's side at the bottom of the tank and play dead, but that's only to catch food, so I'm not really sure. If he's back to his normal self though, I wouldn't worry about it too much! thumbs2:

Bassfan
01-03-2008, 07:38 PM
month old thread lol..

Ocellatus
01-03-2008, 09:37 PM
my baby oscar usually plays dead when i put my hands in the water or do water change.
first he sits sideway and if gets more stress he will totally play dead.
but parents have no problem and even when i moved the tank to another place they didn't alarm. big oscars are so brave!