PDA

View Full Version : Anglefish Eggs

erwatt
09-12-2017, 02:24 AM
My anglefish just laid some eggs. After they were finished I moved the slate-eggs and the anglefish into a small 20 gal snail tank. A few weeks ago my mystery snail eggs hatched and they are in the same tank. They are only around 1/4" diameter. Should I be concerned with the snails eating the anglefish eggs? I put some of the snails into my 125 gal tank but I have some eclipse catfish and a couple large plecos that might make a meal out of them. That may not be a bad thing, last count there are around 200 snails. Please let me know if you think the little snails will eat the anglefish eggs. I have absolutely no experience with snails or anglefish eggs.
Tks,

Slaphppy7
09-12-2017, 12:21 PM
I would imagine the snails would eat at least some of the eggs.

Keep an eye on the ph of the 20G, all of those growing snail shells can leach the calcium ions out of the water column

waylon101
09-12-2017, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't put it past them to eat the eggs. Most snails just plow whatever is in front of them.

angelcraze2
09-12-2017, 04:49 PM
I've kept small ramshorn snails with angelfish and ram eggs, and I didn't notice them eating any viable eggs, mostly just kept the eggs clean of fungus. But if you are concerned, like others said, I wouldn't trust them.

Keep a fine bubble stream right next to (barely touching) the eggs with an airstone to keep the eggs aerated and freer of fungus.