PDA

View Full Version : How many is enough?

mfolan
12-04-2007, 12:07 AM
How many is enough is probably asked here plenty of times. I was in my local pet shop recently and there is an offer of 10 neon tetras for €10, Good deal I though. I would like to add some to my tank but not sure if that is too many.

I have a 60 litre tank which is approx. 15 us gallons, 13 uk gallons.
I house 1 blue spot gourami, 1 pleco, 4 tiger barbs and 1 zebra danio.
I want to add the neons to add a bit of colour to the tank. Can you suggest what other fish I might be bale to add in order to add a bit more colour to the tank.

Thanks

cocoa_pleco
12-04-2007, 12:13 AM
youre already overstocked. what species of pleco is it?

gem
12-04-2007, 12:21 AM
I agree, for a 15 us gallon tank you've got quite a few fish. Your blue spot gouramie can get about 4 inches and the tiger barbs can get a few inches as well. The pleco, if it's a common can reach 12" or more. I wouldn't add anymore fish.

OscarFan
12-04-2007, 12:24 AM
I agree with the above. If you want more fish I reccomend getting a bigger tank.

NickFish
12-13-2007, 11:26 PM
if you take the pleco and gourami out and maybe return them to pet store you could possibly fit 10 neons in there but i would only put a max of 6 or 7. Or just get a bigger tank. With the pleco out you could manage with a 120L or 30 u.s gallon if you wanted to add the neons. I think 10 euro is around 15 canadian dollars. So i think that a neon there would cost around 1.50 euro by themselves. You might save a few cents but your tank is definetly overstocked and is soon to be even more as the fish grow.

shockshockshad
12-14-2007, 01:10 AM
I have a 60 litre tank which is approx. 15 us gallons, 13 uk gallons

This houses ABOUT 15 inches of fish, 2-3 more is fine

I house 1 blue spot gourami, 1 pleco, 4 tiger barbs and 1 zebra danio.

You are WAY overstocked. If you want the fish you have, consider 4 danios, and 1 gourami, and 6 neon tetras

tetras, danios and rasboras and barbs all like to be in schools of 6 or more, but I have heard of a lot of people having a few danios.