PDA

View Full Version : Calling Betta owners to attention.

mac
08-07-2017, 01:35 AM
Hey every one,

I am wanting to get a nice article written up for the care of bettas. A current and upto date peer reviewed article.

Key points.

1. Tank size
2. Understanding the species
3. Proper care
4. Tank mates.
5. Crays and Frog compatibility.

So if any ones up for it post up.
Currently adding some notes together for it. And am willing to share these with who ever up for the idea.

sfsamm
08-07-2017, 02:26 AM
I'm totally up for this, and would love to add any useful experience I may have! When I've not been able to have legitimate tanks I've almost always had a betta somewhere to stave my aquatic urges. :)

mac
08-07-2017, 06:06 AM
That sounds like most of us when dealing with MTS.

Well if you want to start up a write up on your own and post it up I will add my notes to your thread if your interested.
Post in here (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/forumdisplay.php?f=121).

Thanks,

mac

BluewaterBoof
08-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Hey Mac. I have some down time here at my job so I can work a write-up over the next day if no one else is currently working on one.

sfsamm
08-07-2017, 06:23 PM
BluewaterBoof I'm on days off lol I'd not have a chance to do a full write up for several days, you could definitely get through it before me. And I'm can be a but scatter brained whereas your posts are always well thought out lol you'd probably do better than I would!

mac
08-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Collaboration would work well then.

mac
08-25-2017, 05:15 AM
Bumping. Anything be done??

BluewaterBoof
08-25-2017, 05:16 PM
Sorry Mac. I have part of an article typed up but haven't had a chance to finish it. Feast or famine in my line of work, and we just happened to have a huge influx of files come in the last couple of weeks. I'll have some down time this afternoon and I'll try dumping some more info into the article.

Are you going to want images and whatnot to be included, like a blog, or is an article of mainly text sufficient?

Will it be uploaded as a thread, first, to be peer-reviewed and edited, or will it be submitted straight to you guys to be uploaded as an actual article?

BluewaterBoof
08-25-2017, 09:50 PM
Ok so I got a pretty comprehensive write-up. About four pages long in Word. Covers everything from natural habitats, misconceptions, tank sizes, breeding, sexing, behavior, tank setup, etc. Made sure to put a lot of emphasis on tank size and the stance AC takes on using a proper home, per our discussion on FB. I can post it up on here as a normal thread for peer review and edits, if you want. That way everyone can weigh in and make corrections before it gets moved to a species page/care sheet.

mac
08-25-2017, 10:13 PM
Sounds like a plan. Wonderful work there blue.