PDA

View Full Version : red tiger lotus...???? help

squirt_12
12-03-2007, 03:39 PM
ok...i need some help with my tiger lotus....it doesn't watn to grow for me. I have low-med. light and CO2.....why wont it grow??? what am i doing wrong??

Lady Hobbs
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Is it planted too deep? Bulb plants need to be planted very swallow so that the top of the bulb is above the subtrate.

Algenco, Dave66........am I correct here?

squirt_12
12-03-2007, 04:48 PM
its like not even planted at all....just like maybe 1/4 of it is planted...if that even. I don't know what i am doing wrong.

Fishalicious
12-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Lotus hate to be moved around a lot... once they find a place they settle in they grow like mad. Some Lotus stay in a hibernate stage for a while and then all of a sudden will take off.... this can sometimes take months. Just leave it sitting and make sure the bulb is not rotting now and again and it will be fine ;)

squirt_12
12-03-2007, 05:54 PM
is my lighting fine for the lotus????

also i got it around 3 months ago and it was all out and beautiful and it was in my 33g. After having it for about a month it died off and it hasn't came back since (its not rotted or anything) so i moved it to the 10g (when i got it set up) and it hasn't came out yet.

o..could it be because it has split?? (or whatever you want to call it?) When i moved it into the 10g a piece off of the top broke off (looke like a branch kinda) and well then that little part has little leaves growing out of it and the big bulb has some little leaves coming off of it but they have been like this for about 2 weeks.

HELP :help:

Incredulous_Ed
12-03-2007, 09:12 PM
As a general rule, red plants need high light. Speaking from experience, tiger lotuses need TONS of light. You dont have enough light.

Lady Hobbs
12-03-2007, 09:33 PM
I think it was Algenco who said to make sure the bulb is firm and not mushy, as well.

blu
12-03-2007, 10:01 PM
when mine would start growing again it would have little leaves for quite a while and then once it got one good sized leaf growing it really took off. As long as its growing (even a small amount) and not rotting you should be ok.
As for light mine grew well in a low light tank(not even 1w/gal..I was suprised anything would grow in there)

squirt_12
12-03-2007, 10:09 PM
thanks everyone...the plant is firm and it isn't decaying at all. I hope it starts to grow...it is a awesome looking plant.