PDA

View Full Version : i need help on kribensis

apollo
08-08-2006, 10:22 AM
hi there i was on another site and they didnt answer me so im trying this one.

i have two kribensis and they are following each other around and they shake at each other and they keep going in my cave but i cant see eggs. are they breeding?, when are they going to? and how long from start to finish does from all the shaking to the fry will it be

thank you i hope i get a reply on this site

rollie
08-08-2006, 01:22 PM
do not quite know what you mean by shade. do you have a pair to begin with. from the time the eggs are lay, it take about 24 to 48 hours for the eggs to hatch. then in a very few days they will be out swimming around. they need special baby foods, if you hope to grow them up. had they ever kiss or locked mouth. they will do this sometimes before they spawn

for them to start laying eggs till finish do not takt long a couples hours or less.

if have any other guestions, feel free to ask, and me or someone will get back to you, as soon as we can

apollo
08-08-2006, 02:31 PM
yes they did this quite a lot (jaw locking) but neither got hurt they chased each other. this has now stopped and they hang around a cave but nothings happened yet. the female goes colourful and really shakes at the male. do you think they are breeding then.

thanks for your reply

rollie
08-08-2006, 02:41 PM
it look like you may have a pair. they may have eggs or youngs in the cave, it hand to say. but time will tell

DemonShark
08-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Im sure William will answear to this post and him and Rollie have the expernince to help you

apollo
08-08-2006, 05:16 PM
thanks i cant see any eggs but fingers crossed it may happen soon;)

William
08-08-2006, 10:23 PM
I have written an answer in your other post. in dwarf cichlids.

thealmightyboots
08-29-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm new to Kribensis, when I set up my 3ft tank I bought 3 jouveniles (couldn't tell at that stage what sex) and ended up with 1 female and 2 males. The female has always been VERY bossy, so I was delighted a couple of weeks ago that one of the males seemed to have calmed her down a bit and there was lots of flirtatious fin shaking happening.
I got home from work 3 days ago to find him beaten up and hiding up the top of the tank, and gave up on ever getting babies out of such a cranky female... Until yesterday when I found her swimming around with a swarm of tiny fry!!!
Was very excited. It would appear that she had her wicked way with him and sent him packing.
I thought they usually raised their fry together!