PDA

View Full Version : Drumachine.....

Lady Hobbs
12-01-2007, 10:42 PM
I was reading your signature and saw you have firemouths now. I knew you had one but when did you get the others. How many now in total?

How are they doing with your severum? Those species are suppose to do well together but you never know. Have your tried them with your blood parrot/parrots??? Some say it works for them but it sure didn't for me.

Let me know on your firemouths how they're doing. I didn't know you had gotten more.

Oh......and feeding. I tried the sinking pellets but it falls between the rocks and makes a mess of the water so now trying the floating but they seem hesitant to go to the surface. Foods always gone in the morning tho.

tropfish
12-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Im not drum, but i have a firemouth with my BP and they get along fine, i've never seen any aggression between the two, they totally ignore eachother.

2manyfish
12-02-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm not Drum either! :wink2:

Some BP's are more aggressive than others and if I'm not mistaken, aren't your BP's spawning Hobbs? IMO these guys can get quite nasty when spawning....they might not accept anything in their tank...

Sorry to hear about your trouble with firemouths Hobbs. Ain't it great that fishkeeping is soooo relaxing??? :hmm3grin2orange:

Drumachine09
12-02-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm am also not drum, but I have two firemouths with my green severum. The first few days together, they were at each others throats, so I left the lights off for 3 or so days. Then, I would only turn it on for about 4 hours a day, for a week, and then up to the full 8-10 or so hours of light. They do fine with each other now. they get a bit aggressive at feeding time, but they are swimming in VERY close proximity to each other right now, and there are no problems.

Lady Hobbs
12-02-2007, 01:10 AM
2manyfish.........relaxing? LOL I stress more over my fish than I ever did my kids. :) But then, they all got along great. My BP are always pre-spawning, spawning or post spawning.

My parrots are horrid to my firemouth. Both of them get him right down in the gravel and have a go at him so I have to keep him separated. Poor thing is timid enough without big, fat parrots on him.

I bet if my parrots were separated, I'd see a different personality in both of them but they have been together since babies and I hate to do that. Too bad I didn't save some angels for them to play with. :)

tropfish
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
haha, i bet they would have fun with the angels :wink2: Can't catch a break can you hobbsy?

Lady Hobbs
12-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Everyone is happy today! Yahoooooooo