PDA

View Full Version : New growth on Java Fern

kurly
12-01-2007, 09:40 PM
I've finally got some new growth on my Java Fern after what has seemed like an eternity since I got it. It is really one of the easiest plants to have in a tank. Just attached it to something and let it grow.

Lady Hobbs
12-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I got some java online from some crummy seller on Ebay and it has not gotten one stinking new leaf in 5 months now and the old leaves are all spotted. Very few of those long, brown roots. I then bought some java from another seller and got long, flowing roots and within a month had new growth. I think the first seller cut too much of that root system off because they are doing nothing.

It is neat to have new babies growing, isn't it?

kurly
12-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Yes. It is very neat. I had no idea that the new babies grow from the brown spots on the leaves. Or at least I think they do, don't they?

msjinkzd
12-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Yes they do, and from the rhizome.

Tolley
12-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Cool i just got 4 new java ferns today each with on 3 long leaves each, im gonna see how long they take to grow new leaves. thumbs2:

kurly
12-01-2007, 11:27 PM
I need to buy a few more so I can put them in my 10 gallon tank. I have wisteria in there now but I think I want another plant just to give it a different look. Plus you can't go wrong with java fern! It's pretty cool to see the little leaves sprout out Tolley.

Tolley
12-02-2007, 12:13 AM
cool i'll keep u all updated when they do :D