PDA

View Full Version : ro/di water

kristybe
08-06-2006, 11:12 PM
I have a reef tank for which I have an RO/DI water filtration system. We also have a 30 gallon freshwater tank. I was still changing water in the freshwater tank with tap water....fish were doing great. I started using RO/DI water and fish started dying. I checked parameters and all are good.
The fish would look great and then one day he/she would be dead in the bottom of the tank. I didn't notice any signs or syptoms of infection/parasite or fungus.

I just bought Kent Marine RO right...which I guess adds back in trace elements etc.... Does anyone have any ideas, or does anyone else use ro/di water in their freshwater tank? If so, what do you treat the water with?

Thanks,
Kristy

William
08-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Hi
I am a bit confused you say that you have a reef than and than ask if anyone else uses ro/di water in their freshwater tank????

kristybe
08-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Sorry about the confusion. We have a 125g reef tank and a 30g freshwater tank. We bought the ro/di unit for water changes in the reef tank, but thought it would be helpful for the water changes in the freshwater tank also.

Thanks,
Kristy

William
08-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Wether it is helpful or not in a freshwater tank depends on which fish you keep. (and which addatives you add)