PDA

View Full Version : Top-water Pleco???

Colby123
11-30-2007, 06:40 AM
I have a pleco that acts pretty strange occassionally. Sometimes he'll stay toward the top of the tanks suctioned to the wall. Normal, except he's upside down. He'll suck on the wall with his nose down and his tail out of the water. Other times I've caught him floating upside down (belly up) on the top of the water just swimming around and sucking on the surface of the water. I have two and the other one doesn't do either of these things. Has anyone out there ever seen anything like this?

Oh yeah, neither of them eat algea wafers. I guess they're living mainly off the food on the bottom of the tank. I have a very clean tank so I don't know where else they would be getting food.

Cheers,
Colby

TowBoater
11-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Are they just common plecos? I had one once that wouldn't eat anything but meaty stuff. Some commons are weird.

CAF
11-30-2007, 01:19 PM
I have had planty of common plecos that have done exactly what you are talking about. It makes them wierd, strange, and little odd.... but not unusual

Rocky06fx4
11-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Yep my common would stick its tail out of the water all the time.

Incredulous_Ed
11-30-2007, 06:41 PM
I had a pleco that would jump out of the water and hang on to the HOB filter outake. It was pretty funny/

~Erik3.8.07~
11-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I had a pleco that would jump out of the water and hang on to the HOB filter outake. It was pretty funny/

LOL mine did that just last week, i wish he had stayed up there long enough for me to get my camera

Colby123
11-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Are they just common plecos?

I'm assuming they're both "common". I bought them both at Wal-mart (don't laugh) back when I first got my tank. However, they both look different. One is much more prickley and rigid than the other. Honestly, I have no idea what kind they are.

krisisdog
12-05-2007, 11:52 AM
so you're sure they arent bristlnose then?