PDA

View Full Version : Breeding angelfish

angelfishlady06
08-06-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm a beginner at breeding angelfish. I have a pair that laid the eggs yesterday for the second time. Is it better to leave the eggs with the parents or remove them. First time they ate the eggs. Any help is greatly appreciated!

William
08-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Some parents never get good at raising their eggs and you would in this case have to remove the eggs.

It is however quite common among all fish to fail their first spawning so I would give them another chance to care for the eggs themselves. If they fail this time to I woud consider removing them the next time the spawn

angelfishlady06
08-06-2006, 09:21 PM
OK and thanks! If i have more questions I'll be back to ask again.

DemonShark
08-06-2006, 09:23 PM
I learn soemthing new! I thought the parents will get better when age ussaully

William
08-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Usally but not always.

Angelfish are among the fish where its quite common that they never learn to care for the fry correctly. F0 fish seldom suffer from this problem.

guppie
09-07-2006, 02:20 PM
hi all could you tell me do anglefish eat other small fish like neons guppies and so on thanks

William
09-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Yes. they do. Angelfish are well known for having a taste for neons.

stubbytheplecostomus
09-08-2006, 03:57 AM
at MAS tonight we had an angel fish breeder talk to us, its a matter of giving the fish enough space and keeping them from being stressed, if they are relaxed enough they will do fine being parents, they will ussually pick off the weaker fry and do your kulling for you, he suggested a 30tall or a 55 for raising them, and if you are successful you should end up with around 50 (out of 300) baby angels.

important things to remember, the softer the water the easier it is for them to breed, they lay eggs on flat steep surfaces, and keep the ph as stable as possible.