PDA

View Full Version : advice asap please help???????

mitcore
11-29-2007, 03:46 AM
my angels that recently spawned in the 55lt breeder

looks to me like they ate their eggs
the tank is filthy and needs to be cleaned badly, but

they are still very agressive and protective, i cant see anything on the pipe,
i was wondering if there might have been fry in there,
how would i know?

i need some advice,

i am worried about the water conditions in there the tank is stinky

KazAngel
12-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Am I no expert but I am currently trying to breed my angels too you can do a water change just be careful and try and keep the pipe or hose away from where the angels have been just in case.

William
12-16-2007, 09:34 PM
It is not unusual for angels to at their first (first few) batch of eggs.

how long has it been since they spawned. if it 3 days or moe itpossible hat eggs have hatched and that the parents have larvea somewhere.

Cleaning the aquarium is usally ok when you have spawning fish as long as you take it carefully and make sure not t suck any eggs, fry, larvea from the tank.

Lady Hobbs
12-16-2007, 10:17 PM
I would worry more about the conditions of the tank. If those fry did hatch (and highly lightly they won't) they couldn't live in that condition anyway.

crackatinny
12-16-2007, 10:21 PM
I agree with Hobbs, first priority do some tank maintainence, My angels have spawned twice and both times eaten the eggs, aparently this is common in the beginning.

KazAngel
01-03-2008, 08:57 PM
yep it is totally common my angels have been laying eggs every week or so for the last 3 months and they have eaten them every time. Just this last spawn I got the parents to hatch them and now I've got fry swimming all over the place. I do a water change very carefully try not to disturb them as much as possible, and if there are fry be even more wary.

mitcore
01-04-2008, 12:58 AM
thanks all is well now i have learnt alot since this was posted thanks again

CAX474
01-04-2008, 06:41 PM
If you are worried about the hose use a small container and gently remove the water that way, its slower but safer.