PDA

View Full Version : Is CO2 system required

kk_fish
11-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I have setup a 20 gallon tank which has a good filter running constantly 24 hrs a day, a good flouroscent light, eco-complete substrate and few plants but no fish. Some plants are growing slowly and some not. I was wondering if this was because of low co2.

If yes then what are the different methods to inject co2 in the tank.
And should I stop injecting co2 once I introduce fish because high co2 may be a problem for fish.

Please advise.

markbob
11-28-2007, 07:15 PM
The plants may be slow for several reasons, first, how many watts of light does you bulb have? Second, the plants use the nutrients put off but the fish, its an ecosystem. Is the tank done cycling or is there another reason you are waiting? A CO2 system may be required depending on how densly planted you are. If you only have a handful of plants in there, then an airator may be sufficient, if you are heavily planted then a CO2 system may be in order. If you decide that you need CO2, you can buy a premade system or check out the DIY section for great ideas on how to introduce CO2 yourself.

squirt_12
11-28-2007, 08:59 PM
some plants naturally grow slower than other plants...i wouldn't worry too much.

what are the plants that you have in the tank??? and say which ones are growing fast and the ones that are growing slow.