PDA

View Full Version : Green Terror Tankmates

David_Conn
11-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Am not sure if this is the proper place to post this but I am looking for advice on which fish to keep with my green terrors.

My tank is 92 x 41 x 55 cm and just over 180 litres.

There is a male and a female.

Male is 3 and a half inches.

Female is 3 inches.

I also have two very small sailfin plecos in the tank.

I' guessing that some people will give the advice for me to keep them on their own but if there are other suitable fish for me to keep that wont get eaten/killed in my tank i'd love to hear about them.

Thanks, David

TowBoater
11-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Only other aggressive cichlids and the only right way to add aggressive cichlids to the same tank is to add them at the same time or the fish already in there will kill it usually or make it's life a living heck.

David_Conn
11-28-2007, 12:28 PM
My tank is about two weeks since setup and the green terrors have been in for five days now. Should I add another pair of cichlids quick since they still havent seemed to set up territorys? Or do you think adding another pair of cichlids could possibly cause a nitrate spike? Or should I just give the Green terrors back to the pet shop and maybe start over?

TowBoater
11-28-2007, 12:36 PM
If you want aggressive cichlids then yes take them back and start over. Or possible you can rearrange the whole tank and they may do fine that way.

Ocellatus
11-28-2007, 12:56 PM
blood parrots and severums at the same size seem to be good.
IMO no need to start over, just rearrange the decoration and create more hiding places. then you can add new fish and keep your eyes on them.
and you should pay attention to your tank cycle and volume. seems its not cycled yet?
and yours is a 55g, not much room for so many cichlids like them when they get bigger.

TowBoater
11-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I second BP's and Severums, but mainly severums. They are my favorite cichlid of course but they are like a small oscar.

David_Conn
11-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Ok thanks i'll maybe get a Gold Severum. Either that or i'll try and breed the Green terrors although I don't know much about that either! I maybe should have been more careful and aware about the Green Terrors compatibility but i'm not that worried because I think they are really nice looking fish anyway.

I don't really know how to cycle my tank although I have read a little about it. I just know not to add too many fish at a time and to let the bacteria build up to fight the ammonia. I also added some bacteria supplement from the pet shop.

Any more advice on cycling would be great!

KcEE
11-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Try reading the free ebook! It's got loads of information that will help. Use the link below.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

David_Conn
11-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Ok thanks i'll have a look at that :)