PDA

View Full Version : What would you add? - 75 gallon peaceful community

Akeath
10-28-2016, 11:32 PM
I love my tank, but I feel like there's something that could be added. What would you add? New species, more of an old species, or is it fully stocked as it is?

Whatever I got would have to be compatible with the species I already have. So please no fish that would eat, bully, terrorize, fin nip, or otherwise injure the others.

Current stocking:
1 Honey Gourami male (Trichogaster chuna)
1 Bristlenose Pleco male (Ancistrus species)
15 Panda Cories - roughly (Corydoras panda)
8 Gold Tetras (Hemigrammus rodwayi)
7 Black Neon Tetras (Hemigrammus herbertaxelrodi)
10 Cardinal Tetras (Paracheirodon axelrodi)
10 Harlequin Rasboras (Trigonostigma heteromorpha)

The tank has 2 Aquaclear filters, a temperature of 75 degrees, a pH of 6.4. It is heavily planted with fake plants, Malaysian and Mopani Driftwood, and caves. Weekly 40% water changes.

Picture:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/Akeath2/20160908_202938_1.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/Akeath2/media/20160908_202938_1.jpg.html)

Brhino
10-29-2016, 01:29 AM
I recently added some dwarf neon rainbow fish to my planted 75g which has a stocking not too different from yours. I'm really pleased with how they turned out. You could consider them or one of the other rainbowfish species.

RiversGirl
10-29-2016, 02:54 AM
Yours is a pretty tank. You might also enjoy watching a few mystery snails cruise about. I think they add interest.

mermaidwannabe
10-29-2016, 05:37 AM
Have you considered Kuhli or Dojo loaches? 75 degrees is getting a bit warm for Dojos, but as long as it pretty much stays at that temp, they could adapt. Any warmer, it will be too warm for them, but Kuhlis should be okay in a warmer tank. I understand they are more tropical.

Dojos are peaceful fish, and they would love the caves. More than one is best -- maybe two or three?

They also aren't finicky about food. Will eat just about anything you give them.

What strength are your Aquaclears? Two of them sound like plenty of filtration, if they're big enough and powerful enough.