PDA

View Full Version : Pleco and badis?

Northerly
09-13-2016, 07:08 PM
Hey guys, I'm in the process of figuring out how I want to stock my 40 gallon breeder. As of right now I'm considering a harem of badis with one male, a schooling fish of some sort (probably a type of tetra) and a nice L-number pleco. Does anyone know of any specific L-number that would fit into this setup? Also, my substrate will more than likely be primarily white pool filter sand.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Rocksor
09-13-2016, 07:26 PM
I would go to planetcatfish and input search parameters using the following bolded data from http://fish.mongabay.com/biotope.htm . Pay attention to the temperature since some of the more popular plecos like higher temperatures (high 70s and low 80s).

++++++++++++++++++++
Indian/Burmese River
++++++++++++++++++++

Despite India's tremendous population, there are still habitats for tropical fish species.
Neighboring Burma (Myanmar) shares many of India's interesting species.

ECOSYSTEMS:
Brahmaputra River, Cavally River, Ganges, Indus, Krishna River, Chilka Lake, Chittar River, Godavari, Irrawaddy

WATER:
pH: 7.0-7.7, 6-12 dH, 70-75 F (21-24 C)

TANK:
The tank should have bright lighting, fine gravel or sand, and heavy planting.
Rocks can be used for shelter and hiding places.

PLANTS:
Rotala, Ceratopteris, Aponogeton, Eleocharis, Blyxa

FISH:
Danios, Rosy Barbs, Colisa, Spiny eels, Climbing perches, Badis, Loaches, Gyrinocheilus, Chaca and Glass catfish.

Boundava
09-13-2016, 08:20 PM
oh, well look now I would love to replicate this! What a splendid setup.

Northerly
09-21-2016, 12:08 AM
Yeah I think you may have just designed my tank for me lol. I really appreciate the suggestions and info!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

mac
09-21-2016, 08:48 AM
Hey,

Just really quick one. When i use to keep the Basis Badis I found that darker substrate worked better for them.