PDA

View Full Version : Yes, there really IS someone trying to sell these...

BluewaterBoof
08-04-2016, 03:37 AM
Saw this on Facebook tonight. I tried to call her out, but she deleted my comments and then blocked me...

PaulPerger
08-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Ooooooohhhhhh, I want some!! ONLY $3 each! I'll take a dozen!!

:banghead: :rolling:

RiversGirl
08-04-2016, 12:13 PM
That's nuts.

When I had them, the owner of an LFS near me was delighted to accept any I brought in, though. He'd feed them to the cutest puffer fish. I no longer have pond snails, thanks to the Assassin fleet from Matt.

Fish & Bird Kid
08-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Hahaha. In a month he'll be selling assassin snails to previous customers, for $5 each!

Boundava
08-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Wow, my sister wanted some to feed to the new dwarf puffer she got. $3 a snail is nuts! Maybe $3/dozen..., but I have tons of Malaysian snails and sis is going to use them while she sees which of her friends have pond snails to send her way and then she is actually going to breed them-or clone them, lol, in a critter keeper. Hey I should sell my mts snails for $3 each they are beneficial "pets". I could never do that to anyone.

SueD
08-04-2016, 02:04 PM
There are a number of people now and then on the planted tank site that ask for and will pay for MTS. I've just never wanted to bother with the shipping. I did send about 50 of those flat ramshorn snails I have to someone once who was asking for them. I couldn't (and didn't), however, take any money. Just shipping costs.

RiversGirl
08-04-2016, 02:32 PM
I have also seen people buying MTS locally for their planted tanks.

Slaphppy7
08-04-2016, 02:52 PM
I'd pay $3 for someone to throw copper sulfate into her snail tank....

Slaphppy7
08-04-2016, 03:09 PM
It's like selling fleas to a dog or cat owner

BluewaterBoof
08-04-2016, 03:54 PM
I'd pay $3 for someone to throw copper sulfate into her snail tank....

Oh my god, so much this ^

Cracked me up, Matt!

It's like selling fleas to a dog or cat owner

That's exactly what I said.

Boundava
08-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Lol, you guys are just :rolling:

BluewaterBoof
08-04-2016, 06:14 PM
She said "they're great for algae control and keep my 5 gallon pretty clean."

I told her that there are better ways to control algae than to add a swarm of pests to a tank, and that people spend money on chemicals and assassins just to get rid of those damned things.

That's when she deleted my comments, blocked me, and then edited her post to say that if you're not interested in buying then don't comment. I could still see her post, though, because Mrs. Boof was watching the whole thing from her phone/account (she was actually the one who spotted the asinine For Sale ad and told me about it). I was able to create a regular post warning the group about what she was trying to sell, and after enough people saw it and started harassing her she removed the ad.

I even had one lady tell me she was suckered into buying them a year ago and had been trying in vain to remove them with no luck. I informed her that our LFS was selling assassins, provided some photos and info about them, and she was soooooo happy. I battled evil last night, ladies and gents, and I was victorious. :beavisbutthead:

Boundava
08-04-2016, 06:51 PM
I am glad you got her Facebook sale down, it is nuts that she has these as beneficial algae eaters when ; like you said, so many people want to get rid of these pests-her promoting them as beneficial is a bunch of :bs:

Slaphppy7
08-04-2016, 08:04 PM
I hear cockroaches are good at keeping food crumbs cleaned up from your home's floor...

Business opportunity!!!...ka-ching!!

Boundava
08-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Eeeeeewwwwwwwwww :oscar: