PDA

View Full Version : Any Food Suggestions?

waylon101
07-04-2016, 01:41 AM
Whenever I first got into the hobby I owned two Angelfish and two Silverdollar fish. Lets just say that the silver dollars didn't take to lightly to the pecking that the angelfish did to try and assert dominance. So I stopped keeping them for about a year now but went into the LFS the other day and saw some that I couldn't live without (I probably could have lol). I currently have some Omega-1 Tropical Fish food but I was wondering if anyone here used specific chiclid formula for angelfish. I've heard that the Hikari has some good chiclid formula but they seem to be pretty big pellets.

Picture of my new fish here :)
http://i.imgur.com/xxuY2xW.jpg

Rocksor
07-04-2016, 03:23 AM
hikari discus biogold or northfin community pellets (0.5 mm) should be small enough. I would also supplement with new life spectrum algaemax 1mm.

waylon101
07-04-2016, 03:49 AM
awesome! Thanks for the suggestions. How would you go about supplementing them? Do you do a regiment or use algaemax every once in a while?

waylon101
07-04-2016, 03:50 AM
Also do you think it would enhance color? The colors already look pretty good to me.

Rocksor
07-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Spirulina will cause the yellow to pop a little bit more, but based on your angel's picture, it looks like its colors are great without enhancers due to genetics. Nice pickupthumbs2:

I would feed algaemax at least 3 times a week.

waylon101
07-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the suggestion!!!