PDA

View Full Version : Guppy fry

Azear
11-26-2007, 06:31 PM
I was wondering if there was something wrong with my guppy... I have them from a long time ago (some that I have raised from fry) and I see people all around saying that after a few months, they get fry.... one of the female I have is HUGE... have black spot near the anal fin (for around 3-4 months now)... both the 2 males are always after her... but she never had fry... all the others female don't seems to have fry either... Am I doing something wrong ? or should I just wait more ? ... I wanted to get some fry but It seems that It will never happen... is there a special technique to do to have fry ? ... I'm confused and somewhat a bit tired of seeing all my efforts going back to nothing... Help guys !

Louise OBryan
11-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Carefull what you wish for dear

I started with two pregnant females and i'm currently sitting with +- 50 fry and about 20 of them are also now pregnant.

Once they start they just carry on and on and on and on.

She does not need to mate every time as she saves sperm in her body for the next fry.

Are they in a comunity tank? Do you have grass for the fry to hide in? What is your temp set at?

All these things can have an impact.

Wish you well.

Lots of hugs

Lou

Siamese Fighter 1
11-27-2007, 05:32 PM
dont worry about haveing fry worry about how you gonna keep them all.
i had the same problem as u
i had a ripe female full of eggs and she was with 2 male and 3 other female and she was not giving birth nom of them did.
i waite and waited but no sign of fry so i stop waiting then 28 days lateri saw FRY!!
so i leave them and save the fry you have left you dont want to much lol